[TH] Giphy [Deleted]

You would need to register here before creating an app. You'll then use the API key that is generated once you create the app.

Something is wrong, GIPHY has been working fine since my last message and template tweeks. Today I updated some of our TH add-ons (covers, nodes, QA forums) and now... the giphy icon is gone from my edit toolbar. I verified it exists in the BB Code manager - displays there. My app key is valid, etc. etc. etc... yet it no longer is appearing when I go to enter a message.

So where should I look? I don't understand how those upgrades should have impacted a totally separate add-on/function but I cannot even begin to imagine what else could, because nothing else has been done.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Something is wrong, GIPHY has been working fine since my last message and template tweeks. Today I updated some of our TH add-ons (covers, nodes, QA forums) and now... the giphy icon is gone from my edit toolbar. I verified it exists in the BB Code manager - displays there. My app key is valid, etc. etc. etc... yet it no longer is appearing when I go to enter a message.

So where should I look? I don't understand how those upgrades should have impacted a totally separate add-on/function but I cannot even begin to imagine what else could, because nothing else has been done.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Was there any other add-ons that you upgraded (before or after you upgraded ThemeHouse based add-ons) that might've caused the giphy icon from showing at all? Any new template edits that you might've made? Just making sure is all.

I cannot seem to find the phrase to translate the placeholder text "Search for GIFs" in the search input. Any tips?

Suggestion: If no search results are found, add a visual indicator on the screen, else it looks like the application isn't doing anything.

Reactions: rdn
I cannot seem to find the phrase to translate the placeholder text "Search for GIFs" in the search input. Any tips?
You edited the th_search_giphy right?
Suggestion: If no search results are found, add a visual indicator on the screen, else it looks like the application isn't doing anything.
Surely, I'll add it as a feature suggestion on our issue tracker.

So I purchased, downloaded, uploaded to my host this add on.

Went to giphy and created an account then acquired needed API key.

Pasted API key into xenforo admin side - no errors or anything.

No icon, no search box, no way of using this addon. Nothing shows up when you create a post or attempt to reply to a post. No icon in the tool bar or anything. Did I miss a step? This is the first add on I installed. So I doubt anything is conflicting that I can see anyway.

You need to press the three dots ... in the editor toolbar and GIPHY will be bottom option. Took me a while to find too.

Top Bottom