[TH] Giphy [Deleted]

As long as other add-ons add their BB Codes through the XF custom BB Code functionality, they should be compatible out of the box (if that doesn't work, it's likely a bug on my end). If they don't use that though, I unfortunately can't take them into consideration.

As long as other add-ons add their BB Codes through the XF custom BB Code functionality, they should be compatible out of the box (if that doesn't work, it's likely a bug on my end). If they don't use that though, I unfortunately can't take them into consideration.

Its not BB code add-on, It uses XenForo's media bbcode. So how to place custom editor button icon in your add-on?

The add-on dev can try to load their JS after mine. If that doesn't work, a compatibility patch of some form will be required that adds their BB Code button to my internal list of available BB Codes.

For the issue with Siropu's add-on, that is caused by him loading slick-theme.css which tries to force the next and previous buttons to be position: absolute and on the sides of the images, and I've provided him with details on how to fix this as unfortunately it's not really something that can be fixed from our end currently.

Unfortunately for the editor manager add-on I'm not sure we'll be able to directly support that, naturally we're not able to add in our button using XenForo's BB Code manager (it's not a separate bbcode, and we need it to be handled in a specific manner for the Giphy selector to work properly). I'd probably recommend that this add-on doesn't remove buttons that it doesn't know how to add back in. I suspect this will be a problem with other add-ons that add in a button that does more than XF's bb code manager allows.

We're of course more than willing to provide @katsulynx with a copy of the add-on if they want to work out a way to support custom buttons that are added to Froala directly

So we have to get a developer account at giphy and click "create an app" to get an API? That seems odd. Or am I missing something on the page linked?

Sounds about right.

Not used this version, but when I used an XF1 version of this from another dev a year ago I had to fill in an application and be approved before I could get the API key.

• What's your email?
  • What's the name of your app?
  • What GIPHY API are you using?
    Search API
  • What category best describes your app?
    Social - Messaging, Social - Sharing
  • Please provide a web / app store link to your app
  • Can you give us a brief description of the features of your app and how it integrates with the GIPHY API?
  • Please provide screenshots to help demonstrate the features of your app + the GIPHY API integration
  • Please provide a second screenshot of your app feature / GIPHY API integration
  • Did you include proper "Powered by GIPHY" attribution inside of your integration?
  • Please upload a screenshot that includes the "Powered by GIPHY" attribution marks inside of your app
  • Please upload your second "Powered by GIPHY" attribution screenshot here
  • Which GIF best describes your overall experience with the GIPHY API?
  • Anything else we should know?

@Jake B. Still are not fixed with @Siropu AdsManager 2 Beta 3 release.

66x_zvSiTO2od1hPEcVTdw.png

So we have to get a developer account at giphy and click "create an app" to get an API? That seems odd. Or am I missing something on the page linked?
Sounds about right.

Not used this version, but when I used an XF1 version of this from another dev a year ago I had to fill in an application and be approved before I could get the API key.

• What's your email?
  • What's the name of your app?
  • What GIPHY API are you using?
    Search API
  • What category best describes your app?
    Social - Messaging, Social - Sharing
  • Please provide a web / app store link to your app
  • Can you give us a brief description of the features of your app and how it integrates with the GIPHY API?
  • Please provide screenshots to help demonstrate the features of your app + the GIPHY API integration
  • Please provide a second screenshot of your app feature / GIPHY API integration
  • Did you include proper "Powered by GIPHY" attribution inside of your integration?
  • Please upload a screenshot that includes the "Powered by GIPHY" attribution marks inside of your app
  • Please upload your second "Powered by GIPHY" attribution screenshot here
  • Which GIF best describes your overall experience with the GIPHY API?
  • Anything else we should know?
You don't have to fill out an application this time, just sign into your Giphy.com account before clicking on the three dots button on the navigation bar. Then click on Developers before clicking the Create an App button on the navigation bar. From there you'll be able to create your own app and API key.

If you would be so kind, that'd be much appreciated. I'll be able to create a patch file at the very least.

Just sent you a PM :)

Sounds about right.

Just to be clear on this, you do need to create a developer account. However, this is free and takes a few seconds to do -- should just need to validate your email after signing up. once you do that click "Create an App" and follow the instructions they provide and you'll be given an API key. This whole process is automated now, and does not require an approval process like they did previously :)

I actually got it done but have the addon disabled for now as it didn't work right away. We just moved to 2.0 yesterday so I'm still putting out fires. I'll revisit this and troubleshoot it once I get farther along. I also have @katsulynx 's addon so I know what the issue is. Right now hers is more of a priority than this one. Once this conflict has been resolved I'll update and activate.

Gotta say I do love the ThemeHouse stuff. It's why I pay the monthly fee. (Now get to work on those addons I asked about. :ROFLMAO:)

Just sent you a PM :)

Just to be clear on this, you do need to create a developer account. However, this is free and takes a few seconds to do -- should just need to validate your email after signing up. once you do that click "Create an App" and follow the instructions they provide and you'll be given an API key. This whole process is automated now, and does not require an approval process like they did previously :)

Nice, I don't think they had the back end all setup last year when I tried it, so it was all manual. Will definitely be installing this when I upgrade to XF2 :)

Possible to get the icon to be greyed out when the editor BB Code is toggled? Right now the editor toolbar icon remains the same bright image so it looks like it can be clicked when it can't.

This whole process is automated now, and does not require an approval process like they did previously :)
FYI - Requesting the beta key is instant but requesting the Prod key seems to be still a delayed approval process.

@Jake B. replacing:

CSS:
.th_gif{height:120px; width:auto !important;}
With:
CSS:
.slick-slide.th_gif{height:120px; width:auto !important;}
In th_giphy.less seem to fix the issue.

Top Bottom