[TH] Friends [Deleted]

ThemeHouse

Audentio Design submitted a new resource:

[TH] Friends - As an extension to following, allows friendships that are required to be confirmed by both parties.

NOTE: This is not currently recommended for large boards. We will be making some enhancements in the near future to make this add-on more scalable.

As an extension to the following feature, this add-on allows for friendships to be created between members.

Once requested (by writing how you know each other), the prospective friend will be alerted and must confirm the friendship. The initiating friend will then be alerted that the friendship has been formed. Friends can also flag that...

Read more about this resource...

What has been changed so far since Jon's version? A change log of what's been added or fixed would be great.

Then its still buggy beyond believe. We could really use a stable version that we can run on our big board.
This needs a full rewrite. @Crazy-Achmet funded the development for this and still cant use it. I funded the importer and also cannot use it. This is all on Jon and not on Audiento. Jon used to have a warning up about the quality of this addon.
But as you are now putting it out as a paid resource, please let us know what you want to do with 'Friends'.

Then its still buggy beyond believe. We could really use a stable version that we can run on our big board.
This needs a full rewrite. @Crazy-Achmet funded the development for this and still cant use it. I funded the importer and also cannot use it. This is all on Jon and not on Audiento. Jon used to have a warning up about the quality of this addon.
But as you are now putting it out as a paid resource, please let us know what you want to do with 'Friends'.

It does have a notice in bold at the top stating that it's not suitable for large boards.
Screen%20Shot%202015-11-25%20at%209.49.16%20AM.png

I do plan on making it work for both you and @Crazy-Achmet at some point in the near future.

That's really good to read.Do you intend to audit the code?
Jon mentioned that since this his first or one of his first XF addons, this addon was very low quality code and not really fixable. have you looked into this?

Last edited:
@ThemeHouse
If we purchase now, can we upgrade to new scalable version when it's available or is it going to be new add-on that we have to delete this version and start over.
I have a small board and thinking about starting with this and install scalable version later.

@ThemeHouse
If we purchase now, can we upgrade to new scalable version when it's available or is it going to be new add-on that we have to delete this version and start over.
I have a small board and thinking about starting with this and install scalable version later.

You will be able to upgrade :)

@ThemeHouse
Thank you for prioritizing to look at this addon first. Any time frame when this add-on will be upgraded to new version?. If you wait a 3-4 months to release, XF2.0 might be released by then requiring complete rewrite again wasting many hours of coding for XF1.5. If it's released now, we will have 18-20 months to use it before XF2.0 beta is released and add-on is recoded. Also take a look at pricing $10 may not keep you from supporting this add-on. $30-40 is a good value.

You will have same situation with all of Jon W's add-ons. Whether recode/upgrade now or wait for XF2.0.

@ThemeHouse
Thank you for prioritizing to look at this addon first. Any time frame when this add-on will be upgraded to new version?. If you wait a 3-4 months to release, XF2.0 might be released by then requiring complete rewrite again wasting many hours of coding for XF1.5. If it's released now, we will have 18-20 months to use it before XF2.0 beta is released and add-on is recoded. Also take a look at pricing $10 may not keep you from supporting this add-on. $30-40 is a good value.

You will have same situation with all of Jon W's add-ons. Whether recode/upgrade now or wait for XF2.0.
I very much appreciate your suggestion :)

This is one of the first add-ons we want to update and are currently planning on it. We are a bit short staffed at the moment, but we are working on it. Im not sure if we will raise the price, but I want to keep things as affordable as possible. We started all add-ons at $10 for the most part, just since they weren't ours to begin with. But the more we work on the initial updates the more we can tell what all they need to support and continue to develop.

Really a mess that now for a fee to offer only because the original addon for 1.5 is no longer running. I will boycott it and I hope that also do this many! Am pretty mad!

Original: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/friends-by-waindigo-deleted.33377/page-11

In fact, I proposed increasing the price from $10 to $30-$40 for this add-on and provide support so that it works on latest versions effectively.
Free add-ons are difficult to be maintained...as developer has no incentive to allocate so much time upgrading versions and helping others.

Last edited:
I am very looking forward to this plugin being updated. My side have no use for follow system and have been quietly waiting here for stable release. I drop Social Engine and PHPfox because I am very convinced with the quality of the coders here . If this friendship plugin gets mature I believe other major addons can shape around it. In my case, it would help reduce Pm spam as the default "follow" system provide only a feeble attempt in reducing spam. Your plugin could be the life saver for sites like ours.

I am very looking forward to this plugin being updated. My side have no use for follow system and have been quietly waiting here for stable release. I drop Social Engine and PHPfox because I am very convinced with the quality of the coders here . If this friendship plugin gets mature I believe other major addons can shape around it. In my case, it would help reduce Pm spam as the default "follow" system provide only a feeble attempt in reducing spam. Your plugin could be the life saver for sites like ours.
Its something we are considering doing, sadly without initial funding we cannot jump on it right away just do to other constraints. But its on our to do.

Its something we are considering doing, sadly without initial funding we cannot jump on it right away just do to other constraints. But its on our to do.
What level of work are we looking at and when you talk about initial funding what is the amount. This is a addon worth developing and if I am needed you can always contact me. I know nuts about programming, maybe all I can do is to chip in some funding (within my capability).

What level of work are we looking at and when you talk about initial funding what is the amount. This is a addon worth developing and if I am needed you can always contact me. I know nuts about programming, maybe all I can do is to chip in some funding (within my capability).
I appreciate the offer. I suppose, since we do not crowdfund things, if someone did want to do it they would need to approach us for a quote. We could quote it out simple as. If you are interested, feel free to message me and @Jake B. and we'll go over time and see what we can do!

Top Bottom