[TH] Forum Jump Menu [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Forum Jump Menu by Waindigo - Adds a pop-up menu to the Forum tab giving easy access to various forums.

Description:
This add-on adds a pop-up menu to the Forum tab giving easy access to various forums and other nodes.

Nodes can be separated into categories, which can be defined in the Admin Control Panel options for this add-on.

Other options include checking viewing permissions for all nodes and limiting the number of children shown for...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
What are categories in the options for? Also can you include a check box for forums that you don't want to be included in the menu? I would like this to be in the area where you edit forums.

And I would like an option to not show subforums.

Thanks for this one @Waindigo I'm attemting to create jump menus but it does return empty all the time.

For example for the one value 35 and the other Bölüm

Once you have created a category, you need to add nodes to the category by editing the nodes you want.

Everytime I try to save it, it deletes the text in the text boxes. If have a category named "2DMods" then what would I put in the text boxes?

2-png.57876

Does this add queries or does it create a cached template?
It currently adds one query to every page (or two queries if you check permissions). Unless you have a huge number of nodes, this is a very small query.

It will be possible to cache the nodes query, but it will not be feasible to cache the permissions check.

It took me a couple of minutes to figure it out, but once I did it works great... with the default style. Arty's Soft Responsive doesn't show it - is there a known fix for that?

It took me a couple of minutes to figure it out, but once I did it works great... with the default style. Arty's Soft Responsive doesn't show it - is there a known fix for that?
Edit template modification for navigation. Change search regexp to
Code:
#(<li class="navTab forums[^"]*)(">.*<a href="{\$tabs\.forums\.href}" class="navLink[^"]*)(">{\$tabs\.forums\.title}</a>)#Us
It expects <a> to follow <li>, but my styles use <xen:if> between it to change navigation behavior. That regexp change will fix that.

Found a bug: got this error when trying to uninstall add-on:
Code:
An exception occurred: Undefined index: jump_category_id in library/Waindigo/ForumJumpMenu/Listener/FrontControllerPreView.php on line 31

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/ForumJumpMenu/Listener/FrontControllerPreView.php at line 31
    Waindigo_ForumJumpMenu_Listener_FrontControllerPreView->run() in Waindigo/ForumJumpMenu/Listener/FrontControllerPreView.php at line 72
    Waindigo_ForumJumpMenu_Listener_FrontControllerPreView::frontControllerPreView()
    call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 90
    XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in admin.php at line 13

Top Bottom