1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[TH] Forum Digest [Paid] 1.1.7b

Allow users to view forums in a digest style

1. ThemeHouse

ThemeHouse Well-Known Member

Audentio Design submitted a new resource:

[TH] Forum Digest - Gives users an option to view threads from all child forums in specified forums.

Read more about this resource...

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

I'm running this on AVForums but getting a template error:
    on this page:
    https://www.avforums.com/categories/classified-adverts.242/?digest=1
    Can you help, please?

3. Jake B.

Jake B. Well-Known Member

4. vij

vij Active Member

@ThemeHouse

Doesnt work for me on XF 1.5.7 - I also enabled "Indicate forum digest state in title" and clicked on digest button on the selected parent forum, it does nothing and also still shows the title "Classic View". On 1.1.6

5. Jake B.

Would you mind sending me a PM with a link to your site?

6. vij

vij Active Member

PM sent.

7. vij

vij Active Member

Pm'ed you @JakeB

I did some testing and found the bug. The addon doesn't work as intended when the forum url is given a specific url in the XF node options - and set to something without an id.
    This means forums ending with xxx.18 will work with the addon - but not forums ending with xxx

8. ThemeHouse

9. vij

vij Active Member

10. Jake B.

Looks like I can replicate this, but it's definitely not from the last update it's likely always been an incompatibility which we will be looking into.

11. vij

vij Active Member

Yes you are right about this. Hopefully you can find a solution.

12. ThemeHouse

13. vij

vij Active Member

All good, except that there is the 'forum link' beside each thread on all forums. This could look like keyword spamming by google as it appears many times in the page. I have removed the forum name after each thread by
    Code:
    a.forumLink {
        display:none;
    }
    But how do I remove the comma - , that still lingers after the username. Pl help!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  14. vij

vij Active Member

@JakeB and @ThemeHouse
    Is it possible to give an option to hide the 'forum name' beside every thread on the forum. I am worried about keyword stuffing penalty.

15. Jake B.

This is not currently an option. Realistically, I doubt that falls under keyword stuffing. Google defines keyword stuffing as:

They're certainly not out of context, and are there specifically to let you know the context of the thread. You can see similar behavior in the search results, when you click 'postings' on a user's profile, and a few other places. Also, hiding that text with CSS may actually be worse than letting it display, see Google's Hidden text and links support page.

16. vij

vij Active Member

@Jake B.
    Google algorithms can pick up false positives. Just want to be safe than sorry.

Ok... if you cannot add the option to hide, can you help me with hiding with css. Pl see my previous post.

I hid the forum links via css... but the , remains. How to hide the ,

17. Jake B.

Like I said, this forum title isn't actually being added by our add-on. The code to make it display is in the default template thread_list_item and shows up when a specific variable is set. This is used in quite a few places, and if it is removed search listings and quite a few other places will be quite a bit more confusing.

To remove it though, just edit thread_list_item and remove this bit:

Code:
    <xen:if is="{$showForumLink}"><span class="containerName">,
                        <a href="{xen:link forums, $thread.forum}" class="forumLink">{$thread.forum.title}</a></span></xen:if>

Again, this is not added by us and removing it may cause unwanted side effects in other places.

18. vij

vij Active Member

@Jake B. and @ThemeHouse
    The CTA FT blocks on home page are ok, but the CTA FT blocks within all the forums are still not appearing after enabling this addon.

19. Enguerran A

Enguerran A Well-Known Member

20. Mike Creuzer

Mike Creuzer Well-Known Member