[TH] Force Ignore [Deleted]

That's been my position. I'm sure this has a use for some, but for me, it creates problem, it doesn't solve them.

I have the old Waindigo version that I use. I would certainly pay for this if they added that function. Makes no sense that something forced behind the scenes is public to the users.

I'd pay for a feature that is sort of a reverse ignore. Click on a user's name and his/her posts are only visible to themselves.

I'd pay for a feature that is sort of a reverse ignore. Click on a user's name and his/her posts are only visible to themselves.
I'm pretty sure you can do that with the version i have. Instead of entering 2 user names, you just enter the 1 person and it makes everyone ignore them.

I'm pretty sure you can do that with the version i have. Instead of entering 2 user names, you just enter the 1 person and it makes everyone ignore them.

Does it tell everyone the people is on their ignore list? If so, it's useless to me.

Can this work in as much as staff block a member?
We have @wmtech user blocking and they suggested to us to use this too for the staff - member block. Thanks

Hello, if your talking about staff members blocking other staff members or blocking users then yes it would work if they have administrative access. So yes, it can allow staff to block a member.

For this to work, the action should not be seen by either user. It's not useful when anyone can see a list of those they are forced to ignore.

Please fix this add on. It has great potentional, but not as currently written.

For this to work, the action should not be seen by either user. It's not useful when anyone can see a list of those they are forced to ignore.

Please fix this add on. It has great potentional, but not as currently written.
What are you referring to exactly and would a usergroup permission be sufficient?

What are you referring to exactly and would a usergroup permission be sufficient?

When a user puts someone in ignore, they should see nothing at all of the ignored users posts and reply. Nothing.

A home run would be to allow an admin to force ignore by username, and usergroup.

Looks like the problem I mention above has been fixed.

One suggestion: The option should exist to force one person to ignore another. As it now works, both are forced to ignore the other, which shouldn’t happen. If one person is a problem when replying to another, I want him to be forced to ignore the other person, but not visa versa.

Looks like the problem I mention above has been fixed.

One suggestion: The option should exist to force one person to ignore another. As it now works, both are forced to ignore the other, which shouldn’t happen. If one person is a problem when replying to another, I want him to be forced to ignore the other person, but not visa versa.
I will take your suggestion into consideration, it will be posted as a feature suggestion on our Github Issue Tracker.

Is it possible to hide a user’s posts from registered users only, or by usergroup? I have put a few people on force ignore, with the second field left blank, which hides there posts from everyone but themselves. The problem is they log off and notice their posts are hidden.

Bottom line: The option to force ignore by usergroup would be very helpful.

I think this add-on is better suited to force two users to ignore each other rather than being used as a global ignore. With our Global Ignore add-on you do have the option for a user to be automatically ignored by all users (with the option for the posts to still show up for guests, and hide for registered users)

I use global ignore also, mostly because it’s easier to use. But global ignore has the same limitations - a user on global ignore can, and very often does, log off and return to find their posts aren’t visible.

I think this add-on is better suited to force two users to ignore each other rather than being used as a global ignore. With our Global Ignore add-on you do have the option for a user to be automatically ignored by all users (with the option for the posts to still show up for guests, and hide for registered users)

I use global ignore also, mostly because it’s easier to use. But global ignore has the same limitations - a user on global ignore can, and very often does, log off and return to find their posts aren’t visible.

Are you using the latest version? We've recently (a month or two ago) completely rebuilt that add-on from the ground up and there is an option (which is enabled by default) to show all globally ignored content to guests

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 9.46.19 AM.webp

Top Bottom