[TH] First Click Free [Deleted]

ThemeHouse

Audentio Design submitted a new resource:

[TH] First Click Free - Don't get eaten by Google's Panda! A smart way to hide your content and encourage users to register.

Google's famous Panda punishes websites by ranking that hide their content to users. The rule is that the content must be open to their bots and the users who access it from the search engine, and it mustn't be hidden even partially. However, there is a way around that Google calls "First Click Free".

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2008/10/first-click-free-for-web-search.html
http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=74536

So...

Read more about this resource...

The prime functionality works well. But I have questions

1. How do you change the "*" from the post content to something like "content restricted" on the message. Once you bypass the popup, it looks as if the forum is hacked rather than restricted.
2. How can you make the popup, "not dismissable"
3. Please provide options to exclude specified forums from this restriction.

@ThemeHouse one recommendation is to allow posts to show but without content so guests can see there is content they are missing and pages...etc

would be rly good i think

I have the Waindingo version, is this the same add-on? I was trying to remove it by uninstalling, which I did, but i am not sure why, my content does not show for any logged out members. I have no idea where to edit or fix this problem. :(

Due to either a lack of interest for this product or because the previous developer code quality was not in line with our own, this add-on is being open-sourced and price removed. Anyone (developer, commercial, etc.) is free to fork the code for their own purposes.

Support or new releases will no longer be provided on this particular add-on without custom development time. To order that, please contact us. This will allow us to offer better quality support that we are unable to do with a larger selection of add-ons. If you purchased the add-on in the last 12 months, you are welcome to in-store credit for the amount of the purchase price. To do so please create a ticket.

Top Bottom