[TH] Filter [Deleted]

Nobody discontinued topics. We've discontinued selling it to people.
So that means you guys at least maintain the compatibility of Topics for future xenforo versions?

I don't see the point in that over just having them select the node. They're literally filtering by node in the first place.
having to go through the limited node list and think what node is more appropriate before selecting the node and then choose the prefix inside that post page is so old forum design and no new social media user will understand or want to go that far to post in your forum.
Only an old forum user will understand the concept of prefix and how the forums technically far far behind the new social networks so they have to choose a prefix and waste more time and get complicated.

That's why the method on topics was great and modern. Similar systems used on many other popular social sites.
can have many different topics and user just select the topic, then the system automatically place the thread on the predefined node/category.
Same thread can have different topics. So maximum discover-ability, clearly organized and lot of activity on the forum.

Last edited:
So that means you guys at least maintain the compatibility of Topics for future xenforo versions?

having to go through the limited node list and think what node is more appropriate before selecting the node and then choose the prefix inside that post page is so old forum design and no new social media user will understand or want to go that far to post in your forum.
Only an old forum user will understand the concept of prefix and how the forums technically far far behind the new social networks so they have to choose a prefix and waste more time and get complicated.

That's why the method on topics was great and modern. Similar systems used on many other popular social sites.
can have many different topics and user just select the topic, then the system automatically place the thread on the predefined node/category.
Same thread can have different topics. So maximum discover-ability, clearly organized and lot of activity on the forum.
I really appreciate you saying so. I think it had the right...idea. Just hard to build into XenForo, its too dramatic of a change. We have a few of our core clients using it with no issue, we just will be moving them to Filter or other custom experiences that we build more catered to them.

If possible future support for custom thread fields and tags would be appreciated. As well as an unlimited list view that can be filtered this way.

Any plans to retain Node filter settings (save as default) much like you have Prefix Filter settings? Would be super beneficial.

If possible future support for custom thread fields and tags would be appreciated. As well as an unlimited list view that can be filtered this way.
Can surely note this down so that it is added within our issue tracker.

Any plans to retain Node filter settings (save as default) much like you have Prefix Filter settings? Would be super beneficial.
Believe I seen this come through from you @ichpen on our support portal. You and Lukas are in contact about it as well.

Can surely note this down so that it is added within our issue tracker.

Believe I seen this come through from you @ichpen on our support portal. You and Lukas are in contact about it as well.

Thanks Dalton. I'm in touch with Lukas. There's a critical issue which I'd like to bring your attention to. The last filter cannot be removed after it's saved first time. https://github.com/Audentio/xf2addon-issues/issues/2065

Also there does not appear to be any way to remove prefixes from the filter menus (it's an either / or situation). I don't want to duplicate the comms channel here so have logged issues.

Cheers guys.

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Filter with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.3 released!

Changes:
  • Resolved an issue that caused threads from non-viewable forums to show up on the all threads routes.
  • Added a scroll-to-top mechanic for ajax pagination on all threads routes.
  • Added the ability to select which prefixes to show on the all threads filter widget and filter menu (shows all prefixes if no explicit selection is made).

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you for letting us know. Have the bugs you are mentioning been reported? If you have any questions regarding specific bugs, please create a ticket here and we can look into them or provide an update.

Still can't remove filter once its set:

Been close to 3 months.

I'm using UI.X2 and I love it. Filter is beautiful and I'd like to implement it on my forum but, as you said, my forum has many nodes and maybe I can reduce the number of nodes using Filter but the question is how to use it on a forum that's not starting now. If Filter was available from the start for Xenforo I'll surely bought it and used it but what can I do now that the forum is not so new and with about 400.000 posts?

I'm using UI.X2 and I love it. Filter is beautiful and I'd like to implement it on my forum but, as you said, my forum has many nodes and maybe I can reduce the number of nodes using Filter but the question is how to use it on a forum that's not starting now. If Filter was available from the start for Xenforo I'll surely bought it and used it but what can I do now that the forum is not so new and with about 400.000 posts?

I personally would start to offer Filters as complementary experience. You could potentially create a link node at the top of your node list that reads "All threads" and points to the filters route, that offers users a quick way to go to this new experience. Once you get the feeling that they're more accustomed to it being a default experience, you could consider switching it over to being the default route.

How do you get the filter to look like in the screenshots, rather than this?

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 11.36.38 PM.webp

I'd much rather it looked like this:

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 11.37.38 PM.webp

The second screenshot is specific to the all threads routes that are added by the filter add-on and can be activated in the add-on options. It's not available to the dynamic filter widget.

Top Bottom