[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal

[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal 1.0.6

No permission to download
Featured thread page pulls meta description information from 2nd post rather than the fist one. Can you fix that please?

Great addon. One suggestion if i can...there should be a way to create Featured Threads visible only to Premium users, well everyone can see the preview and some text but there should be a button "upgrade to premium to continue to read", so you can monetize the Featured Threads more than just with banners. I think we can already do it creating a Premium category but you can only hide them at all to non premium users, and this is suboptimal because people cant be interested in them so you basically dont advertise them in the regular steam of content like Medium for example does.

I hope you will implement this option in the future.

Suggestions:

1) Auto-Promote criteria: First post must have image attachment
2) Show first post as article style on first page only (Otherwise each page will have overlapping/duplicate content)
3) Allow selection of where auto-promote will display the featured content and if it may be dismissed or not. (e.g. Feature content page only, do not allow dismiss, and notify user)
4) Hold auto-promoted content for moderation
5) If no attachment, look for background image in IMG tag, otherwise use a default image specified in a style property.
6) Display forum node name above thread title, akin to XPress categories

Please bring back masonry style and a more lively Read More button :)

Suggestions:

1) Auto-Promote criteria: First post must have image attachment
2) Show first post as article style on first page only (Otherwise each page will have overlapping/duplicate content)
3) Allow selection of where auto-promote will display the featured content and if it may be dismissed or not. (e.g. Feature content page only, do not allow dismiss, and notify user)
4) Hold auto-promoted content for moderation
5) If no attachment, look for background image in IMG tag, otherwise use a default image specified in a style property.

Please bring back masonry style and a more lively Read More button :)
Thank you for the suggestions, I'll get them added to our issue tracker.

I'll get them added to our issue tracker.
This is a very good move but I think guys it's time for you to start focusing more to our suggestions and to release more frequent updates to this product. There is quite a lot of people waiting. After all it is not an add-on who cost 4.99.

This is a very good move but I think guys it's time for you to start focusing more to our suggestions and to release more frequent updates to this product. There is quite a lot of people waiting. After all it is not an add-on who cost 4.99.

It's a really good addon, just missing a couple things. I ended up extending this add-on on my end so I can start using it. The issue is that people want different things so it's probably not easy to decide what to focus on.

I think there are a lot of people who bought this add-on and a very few that actually using it. This is because it missing a lot of things and even if the developers willing to add the new sugestions to the product, the releases are very slow and this is something that disappointing many of us who plan to promote their content through this product.

Just checking when it was the last time that they have added a new features and you will get exactly what I mean.

I think there are a lot of people who bought this add-on and a very few that actually using it. This is because it missing a lot of things and even if the developers willing to add the new sugestions to the product, the releases are very slow and this is something that disappointing many of us who plan to promote their content through this product.

Just checking when it was the last time that they have added a new features and you will get exactly what I mean.

I can handle the feature request delays. Those are enhancements and they are under no obligation to provide them we saw it before buying.
It's the bugs and compatibility that I concern myself with and I think those things are okay for now.

But I do agree. This add-on could use some last mile work to be usable outside of a widget.

Hey I was wondering if the filter section could be toggled smaller. IT is very distracting and takes away from the featured content. so I was wondering if their is a setting to hide the filter which will expand the featured content more. Then when you want to search or filter/ you can bring it back.

That update was only about a month ago, we're trying to avoid adding large new features in minor updates to prevent any unexpected bugs from being introduced. Once we have a good idea of the features we want to add in we'll probably do a bigger update with several of them :)

But I do agree. This add-on could use some last mile work to be usable outside of a widget.

That is something I have planned for one of the next couple updates, we have one ready with some bugfixes and some small enhancements that I plan on releasing next week. The patch notes for it are here: https://github.com/audentio/xf2addo...ds+and+Content+1.0.3+Patch+Level+2"+is:closed

Hey I was wondering if the filter section could be toggled smaller. IT is very distracting and takes away from the featured content. so I was wondering if their is a setting to hide the filter which will expand the featured content more. Then when you want to search or filter/ you can bring it back.

Expanding or collapsing that filter really isn't in the scope of something this add-on would be able to do as it is using the global XenForo sidenav component, so it would affect every place that uses this component, for that same reason we're not really able to make it any narrower from the add-on but we can probably clean it up, or perhaps turn it into a bar at the top of the page similar to thread filters

That update was only about a month ago, we're trying to avoid adding large new features in minor updates to prevent any unexpected bugs from being introduced. Once we have a good idea of the features we want to add in we'll probably do a bigger update with several of them :)

That is something I have planned for one of the next couple updates, we have one ready with some bugfixes and some small enhancements that I plan on releasing next week. The patch notes for it are here: https://github.com/audentio/xf2addon-issues/issues?q=is:issue+milestone:"Featured+Threads+and+Content+1.0.3+Patch+Level+2"+is:closed

Expanding or collapsing that filter really isn't in the scope of something this add-on would be able to do as it is using the global XenForo sidenav component, so it would affect every place that uses this component, for that same reason we're not really able to make it any narrower from the add-on but we can probably clean it up, or perhaps turn it into a bar at the top of the page similar to thread filters
Oh I see

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.3 Patch Level 3 Released

Bugs Fixed:
  • AutoFeature will no longer be able to run on a thread with no posts (This is not possible under normal circumstances, but is a potential issue if the forum was imported from another software that wasn't as careful with orphaned data)
  • Featured thread page no longer pulls meta description from second post
Features:
  • There is now a permission to allow users to feature their own threads
  • There is now a checkbox on the thread create page...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Suggestions:

I have changed course on this. I'd prefer to display the prefix above the title names. Then later, I'll create an addon that makes prefix's clickable tags.

EDIT: It seems that addon already exists, so now we just need Prefix support on the feature page.

Last edited:
I see new feature on group permission

Can view who featured content =YES

After click YES

Where to see who featured in the front end ?

I don't see any username in anywhere

Capture.PNG

@ThemeHouse currently background URLs looks like https://example.com/thfeature/feature_backgrounds/0/1.jpg?1569575571
This makes errors when using S3 storage. Is it possible to disable "?1569575571" after file extension?

I see new feature on group permission

Can view who featured content =YES

After click YES

Where to see who featured in the front end ?

I don't see any username in anywhere

View attachment 210868
When viewing a featured thread, you'll see "Featured by: username" below the featured thread's title on thread view. Here is a demo of it being shown.

@ThemeHouse currently background URLs looks like https://example.com/thfeature/feature_backgrounds/0/1.jpg?1569575571
This makes errors when using S3 storage. Is it possible to disable "?1569575571" after file extension?
This isn't currently possible but I can create an issue on it though. Would you please start a private conversation with me and share the error that you are getting please?

Top Bottom