[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal

[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal 1.0.6

No permission to download
What with XenForo building some of these features into core, as you can imagine it hasn't been the highest priority at the moment. The product is feature rich already, and I wouldn't mind throwing in some more time here, but right now its on hold until we learn what XenForo is planning with their system they launched in 2.2

What with XenForo building some of these features into core, as you can imagine it hasn't been the highest priority at the moment. The product is feature rich already, and I wouldn't mind throwing in some more time here, but right now its on hold until we learn what XenForo is planning with their system they launched in 2.2
Which features of this add on are now built into the core?

Hello @Mike Creuzer , will all respect, I really love all TH work, but buying an expensive addon and having the license for a year which mine nearly expires, and I have requested only one feature like half year ago and still haven't been implemented, it does frustrating a bit as you are not taking customers serious at this point.

Hello @Mike Creuzer , will all respect, I really love all TH work, but buying an expensive addon and having the license for a year which mine nearly expires, and I have requested only one feature like half year ago and still haven't been implemented, it does frustrating a bit as you are not taking customers serious at this point.
I totally respect that. But we never guarantee we can build every feature asked of us, only what the features are advertised as. We have thousands of requests a year for features and it is really difficult to guage which is important over another. This is also one of our least popular products, with very few people interested in it as a whole so it would seem.

Let me know if you guys would like us to specifically do something here, you could put together a finite list of issues and we can go from there and Ill see what I can do. But we'd need to merge this in to what XenForo has in 2.2 so as its not a separate data entity and that just hasn't been high on the list.

Last edited:
I totally respect that. But we never guarantee we can build every feature asked of us, only what the features are advertised as. We have thousands of requests a year for features and it is really difficult to guage which is important over another. This is also one of our least popular products, with very few people interested in it as a whole so it would seem.

Let me know if you guys would like us to specifically do something here, you could put together a finite list of issues and we can go from there and Ill see what I can do. But we'd need to merge this in to what XenForo has in 2.2 so as its not a separate data entity and that just hasn't been high on the list.

Agree, but that time you will implement something, means my license will be expired, and had a licence for nothing, without much benefits.

What I would like to see, that addon to automatically feature and select attachments from the read and I can choose where to appear, example most liked threads to be featured on slider.

Agree, but that time you will implement something, means my license will be expired, and had a licence for nothing, without much benefits.

What I would like to see, that addon to automatically feature and select attachments from the read and I can choose where to appear, example most liked threads to be featured on slider.
I get that, but our priority is bug free and stable. And I think there are definitely some want to haves that we want to get to. That particular item, wouldn't you just want to have a widget at the top that is most liked threads? What happens when they are featured or if like counts go up or down? It doesn't quite seem to be the utility of this product. Perhaps you want them visually to be similar to a widget of top liked threads? In which case I recommend you customize the widget, not build it into this product. Unless Im misunderstanding.

I get that, but our priority is bug free and stable. And I think there are definitely some want to haves that we want to get to. That particular item, wouldn't you just want to have a widget at the top that is most liked threads? What happens when they are featured or if like counts go up or down? It doesn't quite seem to be the utility of this product. Perhaps you want them visually to be similar to a widget of top liked threads? In which case I recommend you customize the widget, not build it into this product. Unless Im misunderstanding.
There is already automatically featuring threads within addon, I just would like to be an option where that will appear, example I would like to appear on slider widget And setting up attachment image automatically.

Is there any updates on this @ThemeHouse ?
I just dont think this is something that Featured Threads intends, or claims, we can or should support. It could be a useful feature, but I dont know of anyone else who needs it. If so, maybe we can add it to the pipeline. Our policy is if only one person wants it, we ask them to fund it on their own. If multiple people want it, we will attempt to support it.

ok, 60 dollars and no support. I have a better chance at a strip club :p
Well said. Let me know what your ticket is (you can DM me your email if youd like), we only solve around 50,000 tickets a year. Some do get lost, a bump is always appreciated if youve gone longer than our terms state at 2 business days.

When do you plan release bug fixes for this addon? I reported about bugs about 1 or 2 month ago and some one from your team told me that is documented and will be fixed.

1619922928499.webp
I am thinking of ticketing a bug report that the "Feature" button has no way to be localized.
I checked both the language file and all templates (incl. template modifications).
Is this "Feature" hardcoded in JavaScript or PHP?

I just dont think this is something that Featured Threads intends, or claims, we can or should support. It could be a useful feature, but I dont know of anyone else who needs it. If so, maybe we can add it to the pipeline. Our policy is if only one person wants it, we ask them to fund it on their own. If multiple people want it, we will attempt to support it.
That's a bit sad and disappointing. I had this product for a year, and haven't seen any updates or any features implemented...

There's more than one person want this

Is it possible to have more than 1 widget slider each showing different threads e.g from different forums?

Unfortunately no, this isn't currently possible but I'll make a note of this and add it to our issue tracker as a product enhancement.

Top Bottom