[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal

[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal 1.0.6

No permission to download
I noticed that tapatalk users do not see the first message in the topic if "Show first post at the beginning of all pages in the series" option is active in the admin panel.

Last edited:
Grid & slider have disappeared here, too.
I had an issue like this as well which I believe I mentioned earlier. Go take a look at your template modifications and make sure you don't have anything which Featured threads is expecting. I have not tried the latest version however.

Last edited:
I do not see any settings for displaying widgets on both sides am assuming that's not available to have widgets on both sides of the Featured Articles?

No, not by default. You can manually position widgets yourself though by creating a widget without selecting a position and adding this into the template:

Code:
<xf:widget key="widget_key" />

Just replace widget_key with whatever you set when creating the widget

1. How come I don't have the Filters?
1561300997472.png

• How or what do I need so I can publish a poll as featured? If such thing is possible (I don't have a Portal per se)
  • How can I prevent to chop everybody's head on the pictures? No matter how much I crop the pic the head will alway go off, lol, on the PC, mobile looks awesome.
You can see it live here:

www.cotilleando.com

Thank you :)

1. How come I don't have the Filters?

I'm seeing the filters on your site here: https://www.cotilleando.com/featured

• How or what do I need so I can publish a poll as featured? If such thing is possible (I don't have a Portal per se)

If you have a thread with a poll on it you'll get the option to feature the poll, similar to how you do with a thread

• How can I prevent to chop everybody's head on the pictures? No matter how much I crop the pic the head will alway go off, lol, on the PC, mobile looks awesome.

It centers the images , so you'll just need to make sure what you want to primarily display is centered

Maybe I am missing something. I feature the thread from the same thread menu. Do you have to go into any particular area?

Also the pics, I am trying to get good pics but for PC version they won't center themselves, on mobile they will though.

I need to know how to fix the picture for PC, it looks good on mobile, it doesn't on a PC. I do not have the option to crop or anything, just upload the pic and it doesn't look good on PC version. See attachment, where I pick the background picture from.

Thank you.

Feature.jpg

This is how it looks like

Looks .webp

Last edited:
Maybe I am missing something. I feature the thread from the same thread menu. Do you have to go into any particular area?

Also the pics, I am trying to get good pics but for PC version they won't center themselves, on mobile they will though.

On the poll there should be a button

When someone tries to move a featured thread to a new forum leaving a redirect behind, the plugins gives an error.

What is the error?

I need to know how to fix the picture for PC, it looks good on mobile, it doesn't on a PC. I do not have the option to crop or anything, just upload the pic and it doesn't look good on PC version. See attachment, where I pick the background picture from.

Thank you.

View attachment 213427

This is how it looks like

View attachment 213431

It centers the image and uses background-size: cover. You'll just need to use an image that will work with that format. More than likely if you crop a bit off the bottom of the image you should be good to go

@Jake B. Sr I need your help, please explain step by step (for dummies) because I crop and fix the pixels by going to an external editor every time and regardless the pics will always look bad. I cannot keep on using this with the pics as they are and I am disappointed at this point. If you need access to my forum just let me know. See attachment.

BTW I fixed the pixels, I'd crop the pic, I did a gazillion things trying to fix this but at the end of the day, once I upload the pic, it will accommodate by itself. With the CTA (previous Brogan Add-on) the images granted were not perfect, but they never chopped people's heads.

Thank you,

Cuba.JPG

Is there a way to get any support here or we just bought the add on and that's it, you are on your own? In my case the images won't resize themselves. I've tried several options, I need help.

BTW I fixed the pixels, I'd crop the pic, I did a gazillion things trying to fix this but at the end of the day, once I upload the pic, it will accommodate by itself. With the CTA (previous Brogan Add-on) the images granted were not perfect, but they never chopped people's heads.

Unfortunately it's really just something that needs to be experimented with. There isn't a way for us to detect the contents and prevent it from cutting heads off, so we just crop the image to the size specified in the options in the admin panel, and when displaying it on the slider, grid and on the article view we use background-size: cover; and background-position: center; in CSS to center it.

Is there a way to get any support here or we just bought the add on and that's it, you are on your own? In my case the images won't resize themselves. I've tried several options, I need help.

If you need urgent support we recommend that you create a ticket

Under Setup -> Options -> [TH] Featured Threads and Content: General Options

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 9.38.03 AM.webp

There is no option to adjust positioning, it will just crop the image to the specified size from the center of it. I would recommend uploading your image at the size specified there to prevent any automated cropping, and you will need to manually make sure everything is positioned correctly as there is no way to position it in a specific way through the add-on since this image is used in three places with three very different sizes

Under Setup -> Options -> [TH] Featured Threads and Content: General Options

View attachment 213557

There is no option to adjust positioning, it will just crop the image to the specified size from the center of it. I would recommend uploading your image at the size specified there to prevent any automated cropping, and you will need to manually make sure everything is positioned correctly as there is no way to position it in a specific way through the add-on since this image is used in three places with three very different sizes

It's not possible to find all the images exactly to match that size so what I am doing is going to an online editor and tweak the pixels to xwz. No use, it will still chop everybody's heads off on PC version, very very annoying. This is what I have, let me know if this is correct:

Images background.webp

Another thing, do you know what this mean? I've had it a couple of times, I thought it had to do with the amount of words on the very first message of the threads but this time the post only have pictures on it. I wish this add-on were more user friendly, it's good but at the same time I am running into issues I am not supposed to.

SmartSelect_20191114-063642_Chrome.jpg

It's not possible to find all the images exactly to match that size so what I am doing is going to an online editor and tweak the pixels to xwz. No use, it will still chop everybody's heads off on PC version, very very annoying. This is what I have, let me know if this is correct:

I can't say how you should crop the image without knowing what the image is. Unfortunately, it's just going to be a matter of trial and error to get the image to position correctly on desktop and mobile, we do not have a way to detect what is and isn't a head to prevent it from being cut off while it's getting positioned. If you'd like, please create a ticket and I can have a look for you.

Another thing, do you know what this mean? I've had it a couple of times, I thought it had to do with the amount of words on the very first message of the threads but this time the post only have pictures on it. I wish this add-on were more user friendly, it's good but at the same time I am running into issues I am not supposed to.

The excerpt you've entered on the feature extends the limit that is set, which by default is 256 characters. You can either increase this limit in Options -> [TH] Featured Threads and Content: General Options -> Feature page options -> Maximum excerpt length, or shorten your excerpt when featuring the thread

Top Bottom