[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal

[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal 1.0.6

No permission to download
I am using the demo now, but I cannot find a way to remove the filter block on the left side of the Featured page. I think it is kind of an eyesore and I would like to remove it. I also like to have my widgets on the right side and the Featured page has the block on the left side.

I am using the demo now, but I cannot find a way to remove the filter block on the left side of the Featured page. I think it is kind of an eyesore and I would like to remove it. I also like to have my widgets on the right side and the Featured page has the block on the left side.

During testing I was able to follow these steps and remove the filter. Ended up however leaving them when I published the feature live, mainly because it didn't bother me that much.

It already should resize them, I just did a test with a 2166x1484 image and it correctly resized to 1920x1080. You can adjust the feature image size in the options

You are absolutely right. It said 'slider' which I do not use so I wasn't aware this applied to everything.

@Jake B. in the future will be possible to filter out discussions even from the "Grid"? Right now the Grid and the Slider display basically what they want, and you can't filter the discussions you see through them.

@Jake B. in the future will be possible to filter out discussions even from the "Grid"? Right now the Grid and the Slider display basically what they want, and you can't filter the discussions you see through them.

The latest release is supposed to allow you to disable those widgets entirely and there is an option to display the Grid and Slider WITHIN the featured content page, in what I would consider a 'native' way, without widgets.

I had an issue where the template modifications weren't being applied to my default style because it had been modified too much at some point. I had to create a new default style (add style with no parent) and then it began to work.

The last question, I do not see where we can control how many items are listed in integrated 'grid' or 'slider'.

Last edited:

Are you referring to the filters we display in the sidebar? These should work with the slider and grid, if they don't it may have been an oversight and I'll see about getting that sorted out early next week!

Made an issue to look into this here: https://github.com/Audentio/xf2addon-issues/issues/2017

The last question, I do not see where we can control how many items are listed in integrated 'grid' or 'slider'.

As @Max Fridman said, right now you can't. But I'll see about getting that sorted out in the next update

I've made an issue for this here: https://github.com/Audentio/xf2addon-issues/issues/2016

Are you referring to the filters we display in the sidebar? These should work with the slider and grid, if they don't it may have been an oversight and I'll see about getting that sorted out early next week!

The filter doesnt work properly with the Slider and the Grid, thanks for fixing it!

Will be cool to have the option to choose which posts should have the "modified" design and which shouldn't, because for example we use this plugin as a Newsfeed for our forum, but we want to also use this to create Articles in some areas, right now or every topic have the "modified" design or no one have it, will be useful to address this.

Mobile view really doesn't look very good in UI.X :(

Any chance there will be a fix for this?

Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 17.59.44.webp

the header images are much too tiny and should stretch across the width of the block.

also, mobile view in UI.X Dark 2 is kinda screwy:

Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 18.01.55.webp

Upgrade error:

One or more add-ons currently have actions pending and may be in an inconsistent state. Because of this, some errors may be suppressed and unexpected behavior may occur. If this does not change shortly, please contact the add-on author for guidance.

FT.webp

Upgrade error:

One or more add-ons currently have actions pending and may be in an inconsistent state. Because of this, some errors may be suppressed and unexpected behavior may occur. If this does not change shortly, please contact the add-on author for guidance.

View attachment 212539

Can you check your error log to see if anything was logged?

After upgraded Grid section is missing.

1.0.4 changed how the grid and slider were rendered, make sure your templates aren't outdated, or incorrectly merged

Can you check your error log to see if anything was logged?
Sure.

2-FT.webp

Stack trace
Code:
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Entity/Feature.php(81): ThemeHouse\Feature\Repository\Feature->getFeaturedContentHandler('thread')
#1 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Setup.php(204): ThemeHouse\Feature\Entity\Feature->getHandler()
#2 src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php(122): ThemeHouse\Feature\Setup->upgrade1000492Step2(Array)
#3 src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php(71): ThemeHouse\Feature\Setup->upgradeStepRunner(1000492, 2, Array, NULL)
#4 src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php(576): ThemeHouse\Feature\Setup->upgrade(Array)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionUpgrade(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:AddOn', 'Upgrade', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#9 src/XF/App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#11 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#12 {main}

1.0.4 changed how the grid and slider were rendered, make sure your templates aren't outdated, or incorrectly merged
Templates are already updated (IO theme) and Merged request is below;
Code:
<xf:title>{{ phrase('thfeature_featured_content') }}</xf:title>
<xf:widgetpos id="thfeature_page_above_content" />

<xf:if is="$sliderFeatures">
    <xf:macro template="thfeature_macros" name="slider" arg-features="{$sliderFeatures}" arg-autoPlaySpeed="{$xf.options.thfeature_featurePageSliderAutoplaySpeed}" arg-bypassDismissal="{{ true }}" />
    <xf:macro template="thfeature_macros" name="slider" arg-features="{$sliderFeatures}" arg-bypassDismissal="{{ true }}" />
</xf:if>

<xf:if is="$gridFeatures">
    <xf:macro template="thfeature_macros" name="grid" arg-features="{$gridFeatures}" arg-bypassDismissal="{{ true }}" />

<xf:macro template="metadata_macros" name="metadata"
          arg-description="{$xf.options.boardDescription}"
          arg-canonicalUrl="{{ link('canonical:th-featured') }}" />

<xf:if is="{{ !property('thfeature_pageTitle') }}">
    <xf:page option="noH1" value="{{ true }}" />

<div class="block block--messages {{ property('thfeature_display_style') == 'grid' ? 'thfeature_messageGrid' : ''}}">
    <xf:if contentcheck="true">
        <div class="block-outer">
            <xf:contentcheck>
                <xf:pagenav
                            page="{$page}" perpage="{$perPage}" total="{$total}" params="{$filters}"
                            link="th-featured" wrapperclass="block-outer-main" />
            </xf:contentcheck>
        </div>
    <xf:if is="$features is not empty">
        <div class="block-container">
            <div class="block-body">
                <xf:foreach loop="$features" value="$feature">
                    <xf:macro template="thfeature_macros" name="feature" arg-display="full" arg-feature="{$feature}" />
                </xf:foreach>
            </div>
        </div>
        <xf:else />
        <xf:if is="$filters">
            <div class="blockMessage">{{ phrase('thfeature_no_content_matching_your_filters') }}</div>
            <div class="blockMessage">{{ phrase('thfeature_no_content_has_been_featured_yet') }}</div>
    <div class="block-outer block-outer--after">
    </div>
</div>

<xf:widgetpos id="thfeature_page_below_content" />
<xf:sidenav>
    {$filtersHtml|raw}
</xf:sidenav>

<xf:widgetpos id="thfeature_page_sidenav" position="sidenav" />

<xf:widgetpos id="thfeature_page_sidenav" position="sidebar" />

Sure.

View attachment 212543

Stack trace
Code:
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Entity/Feature.php(81): ThemeHouse\Feature\Repository\Feature->getFeaturedContentHandler('thread')
#1 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Setup.php(204): ThemeHouse\Feature\Entity\Feature->getHandler()
#2 src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php(122): ThemeHouse\Feature\Setup->upgrade1000492Step2(Array)
#3 src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php(71): ThemeHouse\Feature\Setup->upgradeStepRunner(1000492, 2, Array, NULL)
#4 src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php(576): ThemeHouse\Feature\Setup->upgrade(Array)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionUpgrade(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:AddOn', 'Upgrade', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#9 src/XF/App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#11 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#12 {main}

I've just updated the release package with a fix for this case

Templates are already updated (IO theme) and Merged request is below;
Code:
<xf:title>{{ phrase('thfeature_featured_content') }}</xf:title>
<xf:widgetpos id="thfeature_page_above_content" />

<xf:if is="$sliderFeatures">
    <xf:macro template="thfeature_macros" name="slider" arg-features="{$sliderFeatures}" arg-autoPlaySpeed="{$xf.options.thfeature_featurePageSliderAutoplaySpeed}" arg-bypassDismissal="{{ true }}" />
    <xf:macro template="thfeature_macros" name="slider" arg-features="{$sliderFeatures}" arg-bypassDismissal="{{ true }}" />

<xf:if is="$gridFeatures">
    <xf:macro template="thfeature_macros" name="grid" arg-features="{$gridFeatures}" arg-bypassDismissal="{{ true }}" />

<xf:macro template="metadata_macros" name="metadata"
          arg-description="{$xf.options.boardDescription}"
          arg-canonicalUrl="{{ link('canonical:th-featured') }}" />

<xf:if is="{{ !property('thfeature_pageTitle') }}">
    <xf:page option="noH1" value="{{ true }}" />

<div class="block block--messages {{ property('thfeature_display_style') == 'grid' ? 'thfeature_messageGrid' : ''}}">
    <xf:if contentcheck="true">
        <div class="block-outer">
            <xf:contentcheck>
            </xf:contentcheck>
        </div>
    <xf:if is="$features is not empty">
        <div class="block-container">
            <div class="block-body">
                <xf:foreach loop="$features" value="$feature">
                    <xf:macro template="thfeature_macros" name="feature" arg-display="full" arg-feature="{$feature}" />
                </xf:foreach>
            </div>
        </div>
        <xf:if is="$filters">
            <div class="blockMessage">{{ phrase('thfeature_no_content_matching_your_filters') }}</div>
            <div class="blockMessage">{{ phrase('thfeature_no_content_has_been_featured_yet') }}</div>
    <div class="block-outer block-outer--after">
    </div>
</div>

<xf:widgetpos id="thfeature_page_below_content" />
<xf:sidenav>
    {$filtersHtml|raw}
</xf:sidenav>

<xf:widgetpos id="thfeature_page_sidenav" position="sidenav" />

<xf:widgetpos id="thfeature_page_sidenav" position="sidebar" />

So you've definitely got some merge issues there, I'd recommend reverting the template and recreating your changes

Grid & slider have disappeared here, too. Also, I can't see any control options (feature/unfeature etc) after upgrade.
PHP:
Error: Call to undefined method ThemeHouse\XLink\XF\Entity\User::canDismissTHFeatures() src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Finder/Feature.php:91

Last edited:
Grid & slider have disappeared here, too. Also, I can't see any control options (feature/unfeature etc) after upgrade.
PHP:
Error: Call to undefined method ThemeHouse\XLink\XF\Entity\User::canDismissTHFeatures() src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Finder/Feature.php:91

If you've modified any templates you'll need to make sure the changes were merged in correctly, the best suggestion I can make as far as that goes is to revert the template and reapply your changes. As for that error, is it recurring, or did it only happen while the upgrade was running? As long as it isn't still coming up it should be safe to ignore.

I've downloaded again ThemeHouse-Feature-1.0.5.zip but is still the same.

You'll need to resume the upgrade after reuploading the files

Top Bottom