When go back feature again it show
Feature background image = None
It does not remember "Use attachment "

2) Error when upload image "Upload custom feature background image"

View attachment 208297

I already revert all templates
and uninstall [TH] Featured Threads and install again
Still have same problem

Could you create a ticket at themehouse.com please?

It doesn't seem easy to feature a thread. You can't feature when creating the thread, you can't feature when editing a thread and you can't feature when using the moderation tools. Is that really right or am I missing something?

That is correct, if you're manually featuring something it has to be done by clicking the "Feature thread" button

Is there any way to automatically feature a thread?

Yes, Content -> [TH] Featured Threads and Content -> Auto feature

Is there ay way to remove the right hand filtering box?

Which filtering box are you referring to?

Yeah, if you edit thfeature_featured_index you can remove the lines containing:

Code:
<xf:sidenav>
   {$filtersHtml|raw}
</xf:sidenav>

Yes, Content -> [TH] Featured Threads and Content -> Auto feature

Thanks! It wasn't under the addon options so wasn't obvious.

If I'm using Xon's reaction addon, will "First post has a minimum reaction score of X:" work at all in any way?

Would it be possible that "thread has this prefix" could be used as a thread auto feature criteria? We currently feature threads in a widget by using the prefix. You have something similar with tags it seems but using prefixes would be useful too.

If I'm using Xon's reaction addon, will "First post has a minimum reaction score of X:" work at all in any way?

As long as his add-on is based off of the default reaction system I don't see any reason it wouldn't work

Would it be possible that "thread has this prefix" could be used as a thread auto feature criteria? We currently feature threads in a widget by using the prefix. You have something similar with tags it seems but using prefixes would be useful too.

It's definitely something we can look into

Also adding a default background image based on the tag or prefix would be really useful. Is trhat possible at all?

Not currently, no. However, we could probably look into setting a default image when editing the auto feature criteria. This would mean that you'd have to setup a separate criteria for each different tag, but I think that'd be the cleanest way to handle it

Cool, thanks for the quick replies.

What I'd love would be to be able to set a prefix on a thread and based on that prefix, the thread would be featured and have a background image specfic to that prefix.

If that were possible I think we'd definitely switch to using this.

Other questions:

How does this handle lots of traffic? Are any large/busy sites current using it?

The addon is super cheap (especially with Brogan's code) but are there other purchase options? I haven't really been following but I saw you had various "plans" that included other addons, etc? Or is this just a standalone purchase with an annual renewal?

Does anyone know this

I want to display "featured" label on thread_view

What code should I put in condition ?

template = thread_view

<xf:if is="{ }">
Show Featured label
</xf:if>

Thank you

Hey! I've been looking for a widget where I can show off some threads with pictures on my main page. So, I'm wondering if it's possible to have just a page filled with the squares and the pictures like shown here
1565750839100.png
But rather than just 5 squares, maybe it'll be 10 or 20.

So basically I'm just wondering if it's possible to have a clean page filled with just squares like this and nothing else.

Thanks!

And if possible, I'd like to have a title seperating some of the squares, like maybe it first says "Featured" and it has those 5 tiles, then it says "On sale" and it has 7 tiles, etc.

Does anyone know this

I want to display "featured" label on thread_view

What code should I put in condition ?

template = thread_view

<xf:if is="{ }">
Show Featured label
</xf:if>

Thank you

You can use $thread.thfeature_feature_id

Hey! I've been looking for a widget where I can show off some threads with pictures on my main page. So, I'm wondering if it's possible to have just a page filled with the squares and the pictures like shown here
View attachment 208380
But rather than just 5 squares, maybe it'll be 10 or 20.

So basically I'm just wondering if it's possible to have a clean page filled with just squares like this and nothing else.

Thanks!

And if possible, I'd like to have a title seperating some of the squares, like maybe it first says "Featured" and it has those 5 tiles, then it says "On sale" and it has 7 tiles, etc.

That's not currently possible without quite a bit of customization

You can adjust the widget to have more items, but it's still only going to be limited to the widget, it won't replace the main page contents

You can adjust the widget to have more items, but it's still only going to be limited to the widget, it won't replace the main page contents

Oh okay, sorry I'm a little new to this so I got one more question. What do you mean by it'll be limited to the widget? I was able to create a blank page and have it be my main page on my forum (like mywebsite.com), is it not possible to only have the widget appear on that page and have just 10 to 20 items, kind of like how polygon has their main page setup.

1565803555288.webp

I'm just trying to have the "main" page be an overview of some posts I want to direct my users to, but of course the forum main page with all the nodes and main categories and sub categories and etc will be there which they can access through like mywebsite.com/forum

Any idea why the featured page would look different to someone who is logged in vs someone who is logged out? When I login I see a grid layout for the first 5 features with background image tiles. When I log out I see one feature with a background tile stretched. I can't find any settings that specify different layouts for different user groups.

Top Bottom