[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal

[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal 1.0.6

No permission to download
There are two H1 meta tags on featured thread pages when they should be only one.

Also, Featured page (the front page) is missing description and canonical meta tags.

In that scenario the oldest item featured in the widget will go missing from the feature page entirely once something new gets featured in the widget area. Personally, the expected behavior (in my personal opinion) would have that post get bumped down to the normal 'page' featured position.

So if if you have the 3 most recent featured items in the widget, when you add a fourth the oldest one falls off and spills over into the 'page' area. I think you know what I mean.

If there is no realistic way to make the widget and feature page work in this manner, can the 'feature page' itself be modified to appear like the widget for the top X items? A built in, alternate styling for the most recent posts? If that could be done then I just wouldn't use the widget at all.

This would give the featured page a stylish landing page feel which resembles a blog, rather than a page of information.

Unfortunately with it using widgets there is not a way we can do this. Putting that content onto the page without a widget is something we can likely explore though as I do agree that it would be a slightly better experience.

There are two H1 meta tags on featured thread pages when they should be only one.

Yep, I'm seeing that as well, good catch! Have made an issue here: https://github.com/Audentio/xf2addon-issues/issues/1922

Also, Featured page (the front page) is missing description and canonical meta tags.

I'll have a look into this as well: https://github.com/Audentio/xf2addon-issues/issues/1923

With the holiday tomorrow I'm not sure I'll be able to get a release out this week, but I hope to get one early next week :)

Putting that content onto the page without a widget is something we can likely explore though as I do agree that it would be a slightly better experience.

Yay! Because while you provide multiple options which is great for people, personally I think that is a bit of a glaring disconnect as this was proposed as an XPress alternative and that is the default behavior using the XPress Wordpress style.

EDIT: At least, I think it was the default behavior, honestly there were so many settings I've forgotten. Regardless, I hope this comes about as this has auto-promote and is nice and simple!

Last edited:
ThemeHouse updated [TH] Featured Threads and Content with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.2 Released

Bugs Fixed:
  • Description and canonical meta tags are no longer missing from featured list page
  • Thread view no longer has double h1 tags when using the article view option
New Features:
  • A new "full" widget has been created that will show the full feature block in a location of your choice. This block is identical to the one displayed ont he main feature listing page

Read the rest of this update entry...

Desktop:

1561758128100-png.205522

Mobile:

1561757601615-png.205521

New Features
1) I agree with above feature and big site will love it. like CTA Featured Threads
2) Choose Icon image from first attached image automatically like CTA Featured Threads
3) Have option to adjust Icon size for example 320 x 190 px

icon.JPG

1) I agree with above feature and big site will love it. like CTA Featured Threads

Yep, we'll be adding some more display styles for them in the future :)

2) Choose Icon image from first attached image automatically like CTA Featured Threads

This is planned as well

There is an option to change the feature image dimensions. However, the icon I don't think we plan to change since it's using the avatar component to render it so it is expecting a square

New Features

View attachment 206017

I don't know why you are showing me that, because it does not do what I'm suggesting.

Hell Jake B.

Full widget

by default it display only 1 thread
If i want to display 4 threads which file do I have to edit ?

Thank you

Hell Jake B.

Full widget

by default it display only 1 thread
If i want to display 4 threads which file do I have to edit ?

Thank you

When you edit the widget you should be given an option to enter the number of items to display. Let me make sure this template is included in the build

Confirm
In edit widget doesn't have this option to put number

Yep, template was blank in the packaged version. Just pushed a fix, no version change so just download the files, upload them and click "Rebuild" next to the add-on in your add-on list :)

CTA Featured has this feature
Able to Display thread featured on each forum view

Suggestion for new Features

On edit full widget has option

Forum limit:
-All forum
-Current forum and it's children

is it possible to add this feature ?

Top Bottom