[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal

[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal 1.0.6

No permission to download
16 Months of payments = USD239.20 and you take out addons from the plan...

We've never removed anything from any of our subscriptions, so nothing that you previously had access to should have been lost and if it was then it may have been done accidentally. Could you create a ticket at themehouse.com and let us know what you no longer have access to so we can have a look into why it's happening?

Hey @Brogan if I didn't receive an email with the coupon should I contact you via PM? I have a license for your add-on.

And @Mike Creuzer or @Jake B. will this add-on be included in any of the subscriptions, like the Essential Suite or do we have to buy individual licenses for it?

Last edited:
Nice work on this and thanks for picking up where Brogan left off.

Can I just confirm that this doesn't allow Resources (XFRM) to be featured? If not then can I add it to the requests list!

Is it possible to make the featured page be the homepage at: www.example.com/ and have the forum become /forums (or whatever someone has the index page route set to)?

Yep, you can set the index route to be anything you'd like in Options -> Basic board information. In this case you should be able to set it to featured/

We can definitely look into some more display options in the future :)

Also, can we display tags above the post title like on XPress?

That is not currently possible, no

Nice work on this and thanks for picking up where Brogan left off.

Can I just confirm that this doesn't allow Resources (XFRM) to be featured? If not then can I add it to the requests list!

Right now it does not, but we've made the system so it can support different content types, so XFRM and XFMG are definitely planned for the future :)

Yep, you can set the index route to be anything you'd like in Options -> Basic board information. In this case you should be able to set it to featured/

Ah yeah okay, for some reason I thought that did something else.

That is not currently possible, no

Okay, would be cool if that was considered as they could be used like categories. These are really my only two enhancement requests, the rest of it seems great and simple.

Sorry, one more thing.

Is it necessary to show both of these? I realize they are two different things but if they are featured, there isn't any need to display them twice IMO. Would like to have an option to omit the normal featured page entries if they are featured in the widget already.

Is it necessary to show both of these? I realize they are two different things but if they are featured, there isn't any need to display them twice IMO. Would like to have an option to omit the normal featured page entries if they are featured in the widget already.

You can select where they display when featuring. Unfortunately due to how widgets work there isn't really a great way we could automatically exclude them from the main listing if they're in the grid or slider as the data is pretty well sandboxed into the widget

You can select where they display when featuring. Unfortunately due to how widgets work there isn't really a great way we could automatically exclude them from the main listing if they're in the grid or slider as the data is pretty well sandboxed into the widget

Couldn't you infer this by knowing the widget display count? If the widget is set to display three posts then don't show the three latest posts on the main feature page.

No, that limit is a maximum amount there won’t necessarily be that many. Additionally, that value isn’t available in the context the rest of the features on the page are loaded

No, that limit is a maximum amount there won’t necessarily be that many. Additionally, that value isn’t available in the context the rest of the features on the page are loaded

So you are speaking of cases where a featured post may not be permanent, or when the featured item may not be featured in the widget at all. I can see your point.

Personally I leave a featured item in the widget until something else bumps it out. I realize not all people operate this way.

Evening great product, I have a question is it possible to have “Recent Comments” in the sidebar image below show I how I wish it to work, so the latest comments are visible from the user. Header of the thread then user comments below.
0C4AD7C6-6B2C-4D00-85E5-E351BBDBC8DB.webp

So you are speaking of cases where a featured post may not be permanent, or when the featured item may not be featured in the widget at all. I can see your point.

Personally I leave a featured item in the widget until something else bumps it out. I realize not all people operate this way.

What i mean is that if you set the widget to display up to 5 items, for example, there could only be 1-4 not filling it, so we can't really guess and just blindly remove the items from the main listing. Regardless of that though, I cannot access that limit from the main page scope regardless, so the best way to handle this would be to uncheck the feature page option as there is not a way I can get any widget data on the main page, unfortunately

Evening great product, I have a question is it possible to have “Recent Comments” in the sidebar image below show I how I wish it to work, so the latest comments are visible from the user. Header of the thread then user comments below.

Unfortunately this wouldn't be possible for the reasons I had mentioned above either

What i mean is that if you set the widget to display up to 5 items, for example, there could only be 1-4 not filling it, so we can't really guess and just blindly remove the items from the main listing. Regardless of that though, I cannot access that limit from the main page scope regardless, so the best way to handle this would be to uncheck the feature page option as there is not a way I can get any widget data on the main page, unfortunately

Unfortunately this wouldn't be possible for the reasons I had mentioned above either
Oh that's a real shame :(

the best way to handle this would be to uncheck the feature page option as there is not a way I can get any widget data on the main page, unfortunately

In that scenario the oldest item featured in the widget will go missing from the feature page entirely once something new gets featured in the widget area. Personally, the expected behavior (in my personal opinion) would have that post get bumped down to the normal 'page' featured position.

So if if you have the 3 most recent featured items in the widget, when you add a fourth the oldest one falls off and spills over into the 'page' area. I think you know what I mean.

If there is no realistic way to make the widget and feature page work in this manner, can the 'feature page' itself be modified to appear like the widget for the top X items? A built in, alternate styling for the most recent posts? If that could be done then I just wouldn't use the widget at all.

This would give the featured page a stylish landing page feel which resembles a blog, rather than a page of information.

Last edited:
Top Bottom