[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal

[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal 1.0.6

No permission to download
Unfortunately with it using widgets there is not a way we can do this. Putting that content onto the page without a widget is something we can likely explore though as I do agree that it would be a slightly better experience.

Any headway on this? Is there an issue open I can follow yet?

Also, for initial deployment on production site as I migrate posts from XPress, is there a way to hide the featured stuff by usergroup? I didn't see a permission to 'view'

Last edited:
So if i purchase the real version, install it on my site, and setup the "automatic-feature-criteria" it will auto display the threads with the photos?
no other setup is required on my half?
Tagging @Jake B. To confirm it auto thumbnails. I'm not sure if it will as it would need a photo to select from.

Right now it will just use the users avatar as the icon, and won’t set a feature image, there is an issue to set the feature image from an attachment though

Just sent a beta of 1.0.3 to our beta team with the following changes:

Features:
  • Option to pull feature background image from attachments
  • Sort options for the feature page (Feature date, Content post date, and Content last edit date)
  • Rebuild tool to run your auto feature criteria on all supported content
  • Additional thread criteria to automatically feature threads based on tags
    • Contains at least one of the defined tags
    • Contains all of the defined tags
Bugs Fixed:
  • Incompatibility with XenForo 2.1.0 and 2.1.1 due to this change made in 2.1.2.
  • Guests can no longer dismiss features, even if the permission is set to allow them to

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.3 Released

Bugs Fixed:
  • Incompatibility with XenForo 2.1.0 and 2.1.1 due to this change made in 2.1.2.
  • Guests can no longer dismiss features, even if the permission is set to allow them to
New Features:
  • Option to pull feature background image from attachments
  • Sort options for the feature page (Feature date, Content post date, and Content last edit...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Bug Report version TH Feature 1.0.3 with Xenforo v2.1.3

1) Nothing happen when select "Use attachment"

When feature thread

Feature background image > Use attachment
and click save

No picture display on slide and anywhere

When go back feature again it show
Feature background image = None
It does not remember "Use attachment "

2) Error when upload image "Upload custom feature background image"

th 1.webp

I already revert all templates
and uninstall [TH] Featured Threads and install again
Still have same problem

Got it now, thanks. Would still be cool to see it in use with lots of content if anyone's running it.

A few questions/comments:

It doesn't seem easy to feature a thread. You can't feature when creating the thread, you can't feature when editing a thread and you can't feature when using the moderation tools. Is that really right or am I missing something?

Is there any way to automatically feature a thread?

Is there ay way to remove the right hand filtering box?

Thanks!

Top Bottom