[TH] Email Piping [Deleted]

ThemeHouse

Audentio Design submitted a new resource:

[AD] Email Piping - Allow users to reply to conversations via email. Very easy to extend for other functions

This Add-on will allow users to reply to conversations by replying to the notification email. It is very easy for a developer to extend this to make it compatible with their own Add-ons.

NOTE: The IMAP details you provide for the options MUST be the same as the email address you use for all outgoing emails on your board.

View attachment 102823

Read more about this resource...

What happens when a user adds an attachment to the email? How does ist transform/display HTML E-Mails in conversations?

What happens when a user adds an attachment to the email? How does ist transform/display HTML E-Mails in conversations?

It does not currently support attachments, though this may be added in a future release. It will use a text version of the email.

Regards,

Jake

I have been looking for an add on like this one for so long time. I will buy it soon.

Can we set permission per user group to use this feature?

It would be cool to see this add-on extended to Thread replies/profile post replies.

But top stuff - albeit just conversation at this time - keep up the great work all.

We originally considered replies to threads however, depending on the activity of your board it may cause confusion due to delays in the email reply

Could you add it as a checkbox? It would be useful to all threads to be replied to too. Especially for our use of this add on.

What's the average delay for reply?

You could always force a quote (again as an option) for the reply to the email?

I love this idea. Thanks for writing it. I don't have the time to investigate it now (test/learn/configure/train users), but I will definitely watch this.

Could you add it as a checkbox? It would be useful to all threads to be replied to too. Especially for our use of this add on.

What's the average delay for reply?

You could always force a quote (again as an option) for the reply to the email?

Unfortunately there are many issues that would come up if we did something like this. The delay would be whatever you have the cron set at.

Regards,

Jake

Can you please check your conversations, thanks.

Also you might want to put this on some type of system so its automatically sent out once purchased and updated.

I helped one of my customers set this up, and I noticed that it can't handle using the secure IMAP port. It will always throw an invalid credentials error.

I also noticed the screenshot you provided also used the insecure port.

Hi there,

The person we built this for originally only wanted support for IMAP without TLS or SSL. We can likely build this functionality at some point. However, it will be when we aren't working on client work unless someone would like to fund it.

Regards,

Jake

Hi there,

The person we built this for originally only wanted support for IMAP without TLS or SSL. We can likely build this functionality at some point. However, it will be when we aren't working on client work unless someone would like to fund it.

Regards,

Jake

I'm a bit disappointed you guys would release an addon with out support for such a thing with out posting a disclaimer. I understand that is what your client wanted for what ever reason, but a lot of people are going to buy this expecting that. Heck, considering that I was asked to help a customer, I was going to get some my self. I'm glad I discovered it first. The idea is so cool :(.

That explains why I had issues configuring this and @The Dark Wizard could not resolve it unless we used an insecure port, but the errors are too annoying to handle.

I cannot use this now and had to wait almost a week for delivery on it also, quite disappointing you are asking for more funds. I get you are busy with other projects but as @The Dark Wizard has said, it should have been included by default or at least a disclaimer as I would not have purchased it.

Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom