[TH] Email Alerts [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Email Alerts by Waindigo - Send an email when user receives alerts.

Description:

This add-on sends an email to the user when they receive any of the following alerts:
  • Posts on your profile
  • Comments on your profile or status
  • Comments on your profile posts for other members
  • Comments on your user album image (requires [XFR] User Albums)

Installation:
  • Upload contents of upload folder to root directory, overwriting...

Read more about this resource...

Does have compressed notifications or does this send an email for every notification?
I would not want to spam my members with dozens of emails per day.

Does have compressed notifications or does this send an email for every notification?
I would not want to spam my members with dozens of emails per day.
Currently this emails for every notification, so probably not suitable if you have a high volume of profile posts etc.

Any plans to expand this to every alert? Eg a like or replied to a post?

I've just installed this and I can't find any options in the ACP (possibly there aren't any?)

Looking in the user alert preferences, there doesn't seem to be a way for users to choose whether or not to receive an email when they receive an alert (again, maybe I've missed it?) Users should be able to choose if they receive emails or not and for which alerts they receive emails for. The Tag Me add-on from xfrocks allows you to do this.

BTW, you may want to correct the name of the add-on as it appears in the ACP with your next update. Currently it is Email Alerts by Wanidigo :)

I've just installed this and I can't find any options in the ACP (possibly there aren't any?)

Looking in the user alert preferences, there doesn't seem to be a way for users to choose whether or not to receive an email when they receive an alert (again, maybe I've missed it?) Users should be able to choose if they receive emails or not and for which alerts they receive emails for. The Tag Me add-on from xfrocks allows you to do this.

BTW, you may want to correct the name of the add-on as it appears in the ACP with your next update. Currently it is Email Alerts by Wanidigo :)
This add-on was developed to the specific requirements of a client. There are no options in this add-on. If the functionality of this add-on is not suitable for you, you may wish to contact us to discuss custom development.

Thanks for the heads up about the spelling mistake.

Looking in the user alert preferences, there doesn't seem to be a way for users to choose whether or not to receive an email when they receive an alert (again, maybe I've missed it?) Users should be able to choose if they receive emails or not and for which alerts they receive emails for.
I absolutely agree with this. For this kind of add-on it should be an option for a user to turn it off / on. With the amout of emails they might receive and not be able to lower it by turning of some of the email notifications, it could end not well and eventually you will loose some of your members.

I absolutely agree with this. For this kind of add-on it should be an option for a user to turn it off / on. With the amout of emails they might receive and not be able to lower it by turning of some of the email notifications, it could end not well and eventually you will loose some of your members.
See this post here:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/email-alerts-by-waindigo.54021/#post-577967

I don't disagree with what you are saying, but unless someone pays for this to be added, it is unlikely to change.

Great stuff. I need this functionality. (y)

Does this Addon work for both XF-version 1.1.4 and XF-version 1.2 ?

Does this Addon work if I do not use "XFR User Album" ?

If I understand correctly, all kind of postings at a Profile-Page and at other users Profile-pages will trigger an Email, right ?

Many thanks!

:)

Last edited:
Waindigo don't get me wrong, I really appreciate your work you do, it was just my point of view how to make this add-on better (perfect) :)

I am going through all the add-ons at the moment and wanted to ask the same question as Martok did. It seems like I will spend few hundreds to buy all the resources that I am interested in to include them in my new site. This add-on is a great idea just not for everyone. Thanks again for your hard work and for all of your add-ons Waindigo ;)

Any plans to expand this to every alert? Eg a like or replied to a post?

I guess you are talking about "Like" and "Replies to a post" in regards to the "Profile-Page", not regarding the Forum-thread ?

If these features for the "Profile-Page" are not covered yet, it would be very helpful to include those.
So that all activity at a Profile-Page is covered with sending an Email.

:)

Last edited:
Does this Addon work for both XF-version 1.1.4 and XF-version 1.2 ?
Yes.
Does this Addon work if I do not use "XFR User Album" ?
Yes.
If I understand correctly, all kind of postings at a Profile-Page and at other users Profile-pages will trigger an Email, right ?
This add-on supports:
  • Posts on your profile
If these features for the "Profile-Page" are not covered yet, it would be very helpful to include those.
So that all activity at a Profile-Page is covered with sending an Email.
Liking a profile page post is not covered.

Yes.

Yes.

This add-on supports:
  • Posts on your profile

Liking a profile page post is not covered.

O.K., understand.

"Replies to a post" in regards to the "Profile-Page" are actually indeed covered with this Addon.

Great (y)

Exactly what I was looking for :)

:coffee:

this Addon works fine.

The only thing which might be a problem is that users can not turn off Email-notifications.
Generally speaking, the "Email notifications" should be activated by default, so that all users will receive Emails automatically.

But when it says in the Email-text that the user can turn "Email notifications" off via their "Preference Settings" ... then there should be an option at the User-Preferences to indeed be able to turn it off.
Not sure if I will run into troubles with this when a user complains about of how to turn this off or whether it is legally required to turn "Email notifications" off when a user asks to do so ..... ?

How much $$$ is it to add this additional functionality into the Addon and to remove the XFR-Album stuff ?

Just tested this:
When a user replies to a Comment on his own Profile-Page.
No Email is being sent to the person who has made the Comment.

Can this be included ?

:cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom