[TH] Email Alerts [Deleted]

Would something like a single email showing ALL your alerts broken down individually be possible? E.G.:

Today, 10/5/13, user Rambro was quoted by ___ on post ___ (with a link to corresponding post or thread and user)
Definitely possible. Drop me a PM if you're interested in contributing.

I noticed that these are all checked by default. Is there a way to uncheck these by default?
This is quite difficult to do because of the way the system is built in the core -- you will notice that there is also no such option for the alert settings in the core. Not impossible though, so if you really need this then please do drop me a PM to discuss.

Would something like a single email showing ALL your alerts broken down individually be possible? E.G.:

Today, 10/5/13, user Rambro was quoted by ___ on post ___ (with a link to corresponding post or thread and user)

So, I talked to Waindigo and he told me this is possible. Sadly, I haz a poor, and can't pony up the amount needed. Would anyone else be interested in these features? We could start a donation pool to get it done.

So, I talked to Waindigo and he told me this is possible. Sadly, I haz a poor, and can't pony up the amount needed. Would anyone else be interested in these features? We could start a donation pool to get it done.
how much are we talking?

It sounds like a "digest" to me and I would like to contribute towards this feature IF there is still an option for the user to receive single emails per action.

And due to the amount of triggers this add-on already provides, it would be superb if you could add another one: if the user is @tagged.

:)

It sounds like a "digest" to me and I would like to contribute towards this feature IF there is still an option for the user to receive single emails per action.

And due to the amount of triggers this add-on already provides, it would be superb if you could add another one: if the user is @tagged.

:)
Thanks. Please drop me a PM to discuss contributing.

@Waindigo I'm having some problems with this add-on, which I originally posted here:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/file-health-check-problem.68526/

I've just upgraded to 1.2.5 on both my dev site and my live site. Dev site (which has the same setup as the live site) is fine. On the live site, I'm getting a file health check problem:

upload_2014-2-12_19-58-31-png.67108

I've tried re-uploading those files again (I even deleted the ones I've uploaded already first)
I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the add-on that I think it is (email alerts)
I've re-downloaded the add-on from the Resource Manager and re-uploaded all of the files again.

Yet I'm still getting this error.

@Waindigo I've looked further into these issues and I think I've identified the problem.

I am also using your Last Post Avatar add-on (latest version) as well as the latest version of this add-on. Both contain these files in the file health check. I've examined them and:

library/Waindigo/Install/20130903.php - there is additional code in the version that comes with Last Post Avatar
library/Waindigo/Listener/LoadClass.php - there's a difference in code on a couple of lines (there's curly brackets in one version and not in another)
library/Waindigo/Listener/Template.php - there's a difference in code on a couple of lines (there's curly brackets in one version and not in another)

In addition, I have also got a server error which has only happened since installing the Email Alerts add-on (which was the second of these two installed, I've had Last Post Avatar installed for a while)

Error InfoErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting ')' -library/Waindigo/Listener/ControllerPreDispatch/20131003.php:452
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 7:47 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(56) "http://www.sitename.com/media/few-pics-from-gt6.143/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I'm guessing that both add-ons should contain identical versions of these files and that because they don't, this is what is causing the issues.

I've checked all the File Health Check errors, and there is nothing to worry about. At some point I will go through some of the older add-ons and re-release them with the latest versions of all the files so that this doesn't happen again.

As for your other error, if this was a one off it probably happened while you were uploading a file. It happens when you have part uploaded a file and someone tries to access a page on your site that uses that file. Using our Install and Upgrade by Waindigo add-on and uploading zip files can help avoid this.

I've checked all the File Health Check errors, and there is nothing to worry about. At some point I will go through some of the older add-ons and re-release them with the latest versions of all the files so that this doesn't happen again.

As for your other error, if this was a one off it probably happened while you were uploading a file. It happens when you have part uploaded a file and someone tries to access a page on your site that uses that file. Using our Install and Upgrade by Waindigo add-on and uploading zip files can help avoid this.
Thanks for looking into this and glad it's nothing to worry about.

Interestingly, I checked the file dates for those two add-ons and the 'older' add-on, Last Post Avatar, actually has the newer-dated files for these 3 files (17/01/14) compared to Email Alerts (5/10/13 and 10/10/13).

Top Bottom