[TH] Edit Post Date [Deleted]

Okay, I did find it there now, and it is ticked on. So I suppose I simply haven't figured out how to use it on the front end. I click the date and time of a post and it doesn't give me any options, nor does using the edit feature. I've reread the install and use instructions and still haven't figured it out.

Okay, I did find it there now, and it is ticked on. So I suppose I simply haven't figured out how to use it on the front end. I click the date and time of a post and it doesn't give me any options, nor does using the edit feature. I've reread the install and use instructions and still haven't figured it out.

Yeah, a screenshot or two would be handy in the resource.

Have you checked my previous post for possible locations?

Aha! Found it guys. It is in the edit field once you click "more options". I tried that before and no go. Maybe just took a few minutes for the pluging to get going. Thank you both for your help.

Wellllll I did get it working, but it's available to all my members in every UG, and I do have it disabled for all user groups except admins. ....

edit post date1.webp

The permissions stack. So everyone is registered and you set basic permissions there. If someone is a mod they are NOT moved to mod it is merely added on top and higher permissions are allowed there and the registered ones still apply.

The permissions stack. So everyone is registered and you set basic permissions there. If someone is a mod they are NOT moved to mod it is merely added on top and higher permissions are allowed there and the registered ones still apply.

I have all UGs except the admins ticked as Not Set for that perm, am I still not setting the correctly?

I have read both links to explain permissions and I have no hope of undestainding them enough anytime soon to be able to accomplish my goals. Everyone says how easy they are but they seem like a nightmare to me and making me feel very stoooopid. :confused: I will try to maintain a positive atttitude though - won't help to feel defeated . . . .

I have read both links to explain permissions and I have no hope of undestainding them enough anytime soon to be able to accomplish my goals. Everyone says how easy they are but they seem like a nightmare to me and making me feel very stoooopid. :confused: I will try to maintain a positive atttitude though - won't help to feel defeated . . . .

Check the PM I sent. I offered to give you some guidance with permissions in general. :)

Jon thanks for the reply - I did use analyze perms and my test account shows that I have the perms set properly, yet I still am able to see the edit post date feature.

Jon thanks for the reply - I did use analyze perms and my test account shows that I have the perms set properly, yet I still am able to see the edit post date feature.
Might be a bug with the template modification then. Have you tried to see if it actually works if you don't have the permission?

Top Bottom