[TH] Donate

[TH] Donate 1.1.8 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Is any credit card or PayPal info saved?
No - the addon isn’t directly involved with taking the payment anyway, it uses XF’s native payment system, but when using service like Stripe and PayPal the application usually doesn’t have access to any actual payment information.
Possible bug - when using usergroup promotions, the criteria User has donated at least X amount in the past Y days doesn't take into account anonymous donations.
I’ll look into and confirm, but shouldn’t be the case as it still stores the user ID on the donation.

I’ll look into and confirm, but shouldn’t be the case as it still stores the user ID on the donation.
I am running the cron manually from control panel to test - I didn't consider if XF checks it hasn't already run that hour and skips?

I'll delete the manual promotion and leave it a few hours.

Edit: Sorry, false alarm - when the cron ran at the actual cron time, the promotion was done successfully.

Last edited:
Hey guys, long time client here of Theme House, since the majority of the add-ons was charged.

Just installed in my Forum for testing and going full on donations, plus account upgrades.

The only thing, is that i cannot remove the branding in the footer.

Got to the config.php and added the line:

$config['removeThemeHouseBranding'] = true;

Nothing happened.

Any tips?

Save the PAGE_CONTAINER template (no need to make an edit, just save it) - the templates are pre-compiled so doesn't currently have the branding removal change included.

This uses XF's default payment functionality the same as paid user upgrades, so all payment information is handled off site on PayPal/Stripe.

The same way the user upgrades work - XF has a purchasable system where you pay for an item, PayPal/Stripe sends a webhook notification back to the forum and it completes the purchase (i.e. upgrades the user, or with this addon, creates the donation).

They should be registered so the user promotion work after donation. You cannot do this action with guests.

got a boat load of this same error today:

Code:
    ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "currency" on null src/addons/ThemeHouse/Donate/Entity/Donation.php:264

Generated by: Unknown account Oct 10, 2022 at 10:25 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Donate/Entity/Donation.php(264): XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(2, '[E_WARNING] Att...', '/home/dressedw/...', 264)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1191): ThemeHouse\Donate\Entity\Donation->getFormattedAmount()
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s99/public/thdonate_donation_macros.php(79): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(ThemeHouse\Donate\Entity\Donation), 'getFormattedAmo...', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(824): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s99/public/thdonate_user_donation_views.php(29): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('thdonate_donati...', 'donation', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#6 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thdonate_user_d...', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('ThemeHouse\\Dona...', 'public:thdonate...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#12 src/XF/App.php(2353): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#13 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#14 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#15 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(18) "/donate/member/490"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Top Bottom