[TH] Donate

[TH] Donate 1.1.8 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Auto add to Usergroup Question:

On my site we like to allow the option of "gifting" premium memberships. Where a user may donate to the premium membership campaign but the privileges and usergroup promotion is given to whichever user they choose.
I have auto-add to premium usergroup enabled already when someone donates x amount- so if the user making the donation is ALREADY a premium member nothing will happen because it's already done, then I can manually add the user that the donation was made for.
However, if the donating member is NOT premium, they will automatically be added to premium and I'll have to manually remove them, then add the party they are gifting the donation to...

I'm trying to rack my brain to see if there's an easier way I can manipulate this in the settings?
Any help?

Also: If someone makes an anonymous donation, and auto add to usergroup is on, will they still be added? Because that wouldn't really be anonymous- just curious about that one.

I've started a private conversation with you too discuss this further, hope to hear from you soon! :)
Just wondering if gifting subscriptions was going to be added?

Also the ability to buy a subscription at registration would be huge.

Addonflares subscription addon has these abilities but it looks like they have disappeared looking at the addon threads.

Thanks!

Just wondering if gifting subscriptions was going to be added?

Also the ability to buy a subscription at registration would be huge.

Addonflares subscription addon has these abilities but it looks like they have disappeared looking at the addon threads.

Thanks!
That previous conversation is quite old now, however I think what you're looking for is our Monetize addon? I believe this supports gifting upgrades in conjunction with the NF/GiftUpgrades addon, and also has the ability to require an upgrade after registration (or just give the option to).

That previous conversation is quite old now, however I think what you're looking for is our Monetize addon? I believe this supports gifting upgrades in conjunction with the NF/GiftUpgrades addon, and also has the ability to require an upgrade after registration (or just give the option to).
Excellent. Thank you! Now, do all these addons together roll into the donations bar so each subscription, gift or normal reflects on the total 'donated' bar?

Excellent. Thank you! Now, do all these addons together roll into the donations bar so each subscription, gift or normal reflects on the total 'donated' bar?
No, only the donations count towards the donations bar. Monetize just uses the core user upgrades functionality which has no bearing on donations made through Donate.

No, only the donations count towards the donations bar. Monetize just uses the core user upgrades functionality which has no bearing on donations made through Donate.
That is what I figured. And manually adding to the donations bar will throw everything off and count as double correct?

Thanks again!

I have a user being charged daily instead of yearly. How do I stop this? Urgent!
In case of PayPal, both parties can end the subscription in their PayPal account. Here's a guide for the merchant side and here for the buyer side.
In case of stripe, you can end the subscription via your dashboard.
If you're using a 3rd party payment provider, you may need to contact them directly or check their documentation.

In case of PayPal, both parties can end the subscription in their PayPal account. Here's a guide for the merchant side and here for the buyer side.
In case of stripe, you can end the subscription via your dashboard.
If you're using a 3rd party payment provider, you may need to contact them directly or check their documentation.

'Thanks. Got it done thru papal. Still don't know how it happened. I changed nothing on my end, then for some reason two people started being charged daily. I see no option on their end to even elect to do this.

When you say they started being charged daily, were they newly set up donations that immediately started doing this, or had they been set up for some time and suddenly changed to daily?

newly set up.
Could I ask you to go to ACP > Logs > Payment provider logs, find the logs for the daily charges (or the original donation if there's only one for each person), and submit a ticket with the contents of the "Log details" section, please? If you can mention I referred you and/or link to this thread it should come through to me quicker.

Hello,

Have this set up to trigger a user group promotion like so

User has donated at least X amount in the past Y days:
5$
30days

User has donated no more than X amount in the past Y days:
14$
30days

A user donated $10 but they didn't get moved. Waited a few hours to see if the cron would take of it and nothing. I triggered the cron manually and still didn't move.

Also is there a check that could be implemented if a month is 5$ and they donate 10$ it keeps them in the group for 2 months? Or it adds them to the correct user upgrade for the correct amount of time?

Thanks!

Also is there a check that could be implemented if a month is 5$ and they donate 10$ it keeps them in the group for 2 months? Or it adds them to the correct user upgrade for the correct amount of time?
That's not possible.

Hello,

Have this set up to trigger a user group promotion like so

User has donated at least X amount in the past Y days:
5$
30days

User has donated no more than X amount in the past Y days:
14$
30days

A user donated $10 but they didn't get moved. Waited a few hours to see if the cron would take of it and nothing. I triggered the cron manually and still didn't move.

Thanks!
I've just tried a $10 donation with the same promotion parameters and it's applied the promotion. Does the donation show up on the campaign page? It might be the the donation hasn't actually gone through as it relies on a webhook from the payment provider.

Last edited:
Hi there, I was wondering what this meant?

LogicException: Donation message has no campaign

Full error:

Code:
LogicException: Donation message has no campaign            
src/addons/ThemeHouse/Donate/Pub/Controller/Donate.php:454

Generated by: Unknown account

Jul 14, 2021 at 6:10 AM

Stack trace

#0 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): ThemeHouse\Donate\Pub\Controller\Donate->actionMessage(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('ThemeHouse\\Dona...', 'Message', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\Donate\Pub\Controller\Donate), NULL)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\Donate\Pub\Controller\Donate), NULL)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#4 src/XF/App.php(2344): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#5 src/XF.php(512): XF\App->run()
#6 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#7 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(27) "/index.php?donate/message/9"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["donate/message/9"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Have you deleted any campaigns? It looks like a donation message has been returned in a search result or in an alert but the campaign doesn't exist any more.

Top Bottom