[TH] Donate

[TH] Donate 1.1.8 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
View attachment 178060

So a few problems:

1. One this guy just donated $110. It never pushed him to the Top Donor list.
2. We have it set up so anyone who donates more than $10 gets the "Community Supporter" banner. This never applies unless I force to rebuild the forums.
View attachment 178061
Hello,

Just checking but you have the Top Donor's widget set to a specific campaign you want to be seen on that widget? Also, you have user criteria set up for that campaign as well for the user group too be applied when a user donates a specific amount of times?

Just as long as they donate $10 or more. That one actually did update but it took a while.

The widget one still has not and is set to All Campaigns.

Scratch that.

I had to unclick Use Campaign Context. It is working fine. It does take a while to move them into the user group though, otherwise works great.

I had to unclick Use Campaign Context. It is working fine. It does take a while to move them into the user group though, otherwise works great.

This is more or less as expected -- the user promotion system by default only runs once per hour. You can change this by disabling the default "User group promotions" in Tools -> Cron entries and creating a new one with the following details:

Cron entry ID: userGroupPromotionsNew
Title: User group promotions (new)
Cron callback: XF\Cron\UserGroupPromotion :: runPromotions
Run on type of day: Any
Run at hours: Any
Run at minutes: 0, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 (this will make it run every 5 minutes instead, can adjust as needed)

Even if you set it up to donate when you are redirected to PayPal, it means paying not to donate

screenshot_59-jpg.174274
Any news about that?

Hello.

I have bought your addon and installed it but it seems that I cannot start a new campaing. Error: http://prntscr.com/jz5sab
Any idea?

I have properly put the files inside
Code:
src/addons/
and inside
Code:
js/

The server is not down due to maintenance or capacity problems. I have the latest xenforo version.

Hello.

I have bought your addon and installed it but it seems that I cannot start a new campaing. Error: http://prntscr.com/jz5sab
Any idea?

Code:
src/addons/
and inside
Code:
js/

The server is not down due to maintenance or capacity problems. I have the latest xenforo version.

The 503 error is pretty generic due to a reverse proxy you have setup somewhere, anything in your XF error log?

Well I have no errors in XF logs, that's why I find that weird. I have https enabled and so I've set this option:

http://prntscr.com/jz8w1n

May this be related?

That 503 isn't due to the image proxy, it's related to some reverse http proxy you have set (nginx pointing at PHP-fpm, CloudFlare pointing at your local webserver, etc). Unfortunately not a whole lot we can debug unless there is an error logged somewhere, I'd recommend contacting your host to see if anything was logged in the PHP error log -- if this happened when attempting to install the add-on it's possible that mod security or something similar was tripped causing the issue

is there a way to have the widget display the campaign name rather than just the blank bar? Also, I'd like to change the text color, especially when the donate bar is full and the theme uses a dark color, to something else lighter in an effort to show contrast but don't see a specific preference for that in style properties. oh, and i thought that centering the donate button was on the agenda? did that fall off?

donate widget.webp

lastly, i'm interested in more prominently displaying donation amounts and effectively advertising the donation campaign. is there any way to tie in a banner or notice or some kind of something to get the word out about the campaign? especially on mobile where the widget is essentially hidden at the bottom of the screen.

Last edited:
is there a way to have the widget display the campaign name rather than just the blank bar?

Just set a title for the widget when you create/edit it

Also, I'd like to change the text color, especially when the donate bar is full and the theme uses a dark color, to something else lighter in an effort to show contrast but don't see a specific preference for that in style properties.

We don't have a style property to adjust the color of the text specifically for the widget, this inherits from the other widgets in XF, so you'd need css to do this

oh, and i thought that centering the donate button was on the agenda? did that fall off?

We haven't had a chance to get this done for a release yet, but it is on our list.

lastly, i'm interested in more prominently displaying donation amounts and effectively advertising the donation campaign. is there any way to tie in a banner or notice or some kind of something to get the word out about the campaign?

nothing that would directly be associated with the campaign, but you can create a notice using the user criteria included with the add-on that will show up if they haven't donated

Hello.

Any idea?

Code:
src/addons/
and inside
Code:
js/

I am experiencing this same issue.

My environment:
Plesk on Ubuntu Dedicated Server (I manage)
PHP 7.0.30 FastCGI application served by Apache

Using the following Additional Apache directives:
Code:
<IfModule mod_expires.c>
    ExpiresActive On
    FileETag None
    ExpiresDefault "access plus 14 days"
    ExpiresByType image/jpg "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType application/pdf "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType text/x-javascript "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType application/javascript "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType text/css "now plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType image/ico "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType text/html "access plus 1 days"
</IfModule>

nginx settings:
Proxy mode (Nginx proxies requess to Apache)
Smart static files processing

Additional nginx directives:
Code:
location ~* .(js|jpg|jpeg|gif|png|css|tgz|gz|rar|bz2|doc|pdf|ppt|tar|wav|bmp|rtf|swf|ico|flv|txt|woff|woff2|svg)$ {
    etag on;
    if_modified_since exact;
    add_header Pragma "public";
    add_header Cache-Control "max-age=31536000, public";
}

mod_defalte added to htaccess
Code:
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/rss+xml
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/vnd.ms-fontobject
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-font
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-font-opentype
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-font-otf
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-font-truetype
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-font-ttf
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xhtml+xml
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xml
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE font/opentype
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE font/otf
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE font/ttf
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE image/svg+xml
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE image/x-icon
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/javascript
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/plain
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/xml

BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html
BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4\.0[678] no-gzip
BrowserMatch \bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html
Header append Vary User-Agent
</IfModule>

Turning off and removing those nginx settings does not change anything either btw.

Last edited:
Can you check your nginx error log for the exact message it's getting when it gives that 503 response?

Can you check your nginx error log for the exact message it's getting when it gives that 503 response?
fIBrvkh.png

WcVBVPz.png

I should also add I am testing with a fresh install of XF2 (latest) and the only addon is the donate one.

Last edited:
I would like to add that I have tried multiple php 7 versions now at this point, mixture of nginx and apache settings and still not getting anywhere :/

@Jake B. Please can you let me know that how to adding multiple criteria for User group promotions?

Example:

$5 donated adding 15 day
$10 donated adding 30 day
$20 donated adding 60 day
and more.

What criteria need use for this?

Top Bottom