[TH] Donate

[TH] Donate 1.1.8 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Indeed.

@ThemeHouse I assume upgrading the XF 1.5 version will preserve existing donation records/campaigns?

Also will it preserve recurring amounts setup with the old Donation Manager via Paypal?

Awesome, thank you for the release, now to move my website to xf2.

Indeed.

@ThemeHouse I assume upgrading the XF 1.5 version will preserve existing donation records/campaigns?

Also will it preserve recurring amounts setup with the old Donation Manager via Paypal?

Yes I just did a test install on our test website of xf2 - it imported all data from the xf1 addon perfectly.

My feedback:
  • I'd like to see a button/link on the donate page for those not logged in or unregistered to either login or register before making a donation.
  • Remove the double up of the description as shown here - 1522753950700.webp
  • Allow us to edit the description using html and make the edit box expandable - 1522753996214.webp
  • As admin, being able to disable the Anonymous option - 1522754077521.webp
  • Have an option to allow it to repeat indefinitely - 1522754165795.webp
  • Ability to set donation amounts -1522754315183.webp
  • and most importantly... where is the widgets? Major feature of the previous add-on, xf1 widgets were good - 1522754593404.webp 1522754566291.webp

Does it keep track of the amount that has been donated by each user? I currently have a small self-made add-on to keep track of that and hand out trophies according to the amount donated. This would be the deciding factor in my decision to buy it or not.

Also, do I need to set up a paypal business account or does a personal account work?

Awesome, thank you for the release, now to move my website to xf2.

Yes I just did a test install on our test website of xf2 - it imported all data from the xf1 addon perfectly.

My feedback:
I've gone ahead and added these enhancement suggestions to our issue tracker and thank you for those suggestions. As far as it goes with the widget's this has been reported and we hope to have them taken care of soon :)

Does it keep track of the amount that has been donated by each user? I currently have a small self-made add-on to keep track of that and hand out trophies according to the amount donated. This would be the deciding factor in my decision to buy it or not.

Also, do I need to set up a paypal business account or does a personal account work?
Yes, you are able to view user donations inside the administrative panel, by the amount, the user who donated, and a message if they left any. You are able to add a personal or business PayPal account, up to you of course :)

Yes, you are able to view user donations inside the administrative panel, by the amount, the user who donated, and a message if they left any.

Thanks! Are there existing user criteria in place? If not, I'd like to suggest adding them:
  • User has donated at least X
  • User has donated no more than X

Thanks! Are there existing user criteria in place? If not, I'd like to suggest adding them:
  • User has donated at least X
  • User has donated no more than X

These were actually missed on the initial release, but are coming in the next update (hopefully today, but if not definitely by tomorrow) :)

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 1.50.42 PM.webp

Ok can I manually add donations? I pay a certain amount every month towards our goal.. You had the manual add donations to the XF1 version

Last edited:
Top Bottom