[TH] Donate

[TH] Donate 1.1.8 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
just got everything setup. two things are weird about the donate page. 1 - the button should say donate and not purchase. 2 - why is the slogan repeated below the purchase button?

the donation slider area could use a little, i don't know, structure? it looks very free floating there.

Keep The Forum Advertisement Free | DressedWell 2018-04-16 02-53-31.webp

Edit - looks equally bad on mobile. It should at least be centered.

BA61A781-07F0-448D-B0FB-CBA1C6AA61EA.webp

edit 2 - echoing the request for the ability to donate directly from the sidebar. or at least make something in the widget itself clickable.

Last edited:
1 - the button should say donate and not purchase.

Will look into changing this, it's just what XenForo defaults to

why is the slogan repeated below the purchase button?

Didn't even notice that, must just be a remnant from getting parts of the purchase system from User Upgrades -- will get this sorted in the next update

edit 2 - echoing the request for the ability to donate directly from the sidebar. or at least make something in the widget itself clickable.

This has already been completed for the next update :)

The addon uses the payment system of XF2 and when donating in paypal what comes out is to buy not to donate, we are a gamer community we can not sell we are not a company and we can only accept donations. All the addons that have come out use the XF2 payment system and we have to use external addons
Any answer to this?
I would suggest researching donating with PayPal or contact them to see if they might be able to help further with your situation as our add-on only supports the XF2 payment system and said payment options explained in the products information.

EDIT: Jake has responded below about creating an issue on this matter which will be added in for the next few releases.

Last edited:
The addon uses the payment system of XF2 and when donating in paypal what comes out is to buy not to donate, we are a gamer community we can not sell we are not a company and we can only accept donations. All the addons that have come out use the XF2 payment system and we have to use external addons

I'll have to look into adding a separate paypal gateway for donation rather than their regular payment system. Will get an issue created for this :)

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Donate with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.2 Released

Bugs Fixed:
  • Campaign name repeated next to donate button
  • Manual donations to not increase current progress

Enhancements:
  • Support for guest donations (Requires XenForo 2.0.5)
  • Additional option on PayPal provider to support donations
  • Call-to-action on campaign widget
  • Top donations widget
  • Top donors widget
  • Date option for manual donations
  • Allow administrators to enable/disable anonymous donations per campaign
  • Purchase button...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ive created a ticket with TH, but just in case someone here knows what the problem might be....

Whenever I fill out the donation screen and click Donate the software returns the error "The page you requested could not be found". I've verified permissions, paypal address, IPN settings, business paypal acct and that I can submit a payment via XF's payment profile I'm using for Donate.

I would also really appreciate it if you could please find a way to add the manually added donation to the current progress? I have had instances many years ago with other Donation systems someone sent me a donation from another system and I had to manually add the dontation's.

Thanks! ;)

Screen Shot 04-21-18 at 02.16 PM_LI.webp

Smiley face means do it!

This popped up this morning... I am sure it's nothing
View attachment 173862
We have several add-ons using the same file for this, one must have a slightly different version, will have to have a look into which one on Monday, but it's safe to ignore for now

I would also really appreciate it if you could please find a way to add the manually added donation to the current progress? I have had instances many years ago with other Donation systems someone sent me a donation from another system and I had to manually add the dontation's.

Thanks! ;)

View attachment 173867

Smiley face means do it!

It already does -- as of 1.0.2 :)

It looks like that donation was from April 6th which was before we released the update. Did you actually create it then, or just set the date on it to be from then? If it was created before you updated it won't get counted until a rebuild is triggered (this is usually done by a donation being made). You can manually trigger it to rebuild by editing that donation and then saving it in your admin panel

It looks like that donation was from April 6th which was before we released the update. Did you actually create it then, or just set the date on it to be from then? If it was created before you updated it won't get counted until a rebuild is triggered (this is usually done by a donation being made). You can manually trigger it to rebuild by editing that donation and then saving it in your admin panel

I just added it after the update was released!

Top Bottom