[TH] Disable Invisible Status [Deleted]

ThemeHouse

ThemeHouse submitted a new resource:

[TH] Disable Invisible Status - the

This add-on removes the ability of users to stop themselves from being viewed as online. On install, it will reset all users to being visible whenever they are online.

A new permission to control the add-ons function per user group is now included.

This add-on includes 3 template modifications to remove the option from:
  • the navigation visitor drop-down menu;
  • the account preferences page;
  • the account privacy options page.

Read more about this resource...

I got the confirmation email. The addon is $10 (fair price - I bought it) but you want me to pay $20 per month to remove the branding. LOL (n) I will switch back to the other version. I won't be using any TH addon-ons moving forward unless you offer a one-time cost for branding removal. No one is going to pay $240 per year to remove branding for a $10 add-on.

Please update your resource because this is misleading.

Visible Branding:
Yes, but removable with payment

It should say: Yes, with monthly subscription.

1. That isn't an option you can choose
  2. It's been stated many times that you do not have to keep the subscription active to keep branding removal
Jake

Where is that stated? When I click to buy the add-on it takes me a your TH site. Where does it say that?
So I can pay $20 then, one time?

Hi,

I had in the past a similar hack to hide the fields for beeing visible from someone else. I do not remmber anymore the name of that addon. The problem with that other solution was that as soon as a user changed something else in his userprofile (not his visibility status), he became automatically invisible and I had to revert that again in the database manually.

Does your plugin is facing the same problem?

In my forum users can choose to be invisible if they are in usergroup VIP. But I would like to have them visible again if they are not anymore in this usergroup. Is this possible with this addon?

Is there any support for this payed addon?

I asked this question more than 6 weeks ago and no answer?

Hi,

I had in the past a similar hack to hide the fields for beeing visible from someone else. I do not remmber anymore the name of that addon. The problem with that other solution was that as soon as a user changed something else in his userprofile (not his visibility status), he became automatically invisible and I had to revert that again in the database manually.

Hi,

This should not have the same problem, if you run into any issues do let us know and we'll get it patched

@Jake B. @ThemeHouse do you guys monitor these threads?

Sorry for the delay, we do our best to keep up with them, but if no response is received here it's best to Contact Us at ThemeHouse as it is hard to keep up with all of the threads when we don't always get an alert (for example, if you get one alert you won't get any more for replies until you view the entire thread contents again -- which makes it easy to accidentally miss something).

Do let us know if you have any issues

@ThemeHouse

I just bought this addon and installed it. Five minutes later, the first user was able to make himself invisible again and I do not know how.

@Jake B.

I checked everything again after I installed this addon. A user can definitely not see anywhere a possibility to activate the invisibility status in his profile.

But as soon as I send out a newsletter and users start to change then something in the profile (maybe just to turn off the newsletter), their status is changed to invisible.

Is this a bug in XF 1.5.4?

If we do it will likely be bundled in an add-on containing other user based functionality like this. We're trying to avoid having extremely small add-ons such as this

If we do it will likely be bundled in an add-on containing other user based functionality like this. We're trying to avoid having extremely small add-ons such as this

Yes great if come bundled add-on with user based functionality in one add-on. You have lot of add-on and need update for XF2 but I think we need wait for 2020 because Themehouse (small) team work going slowly, more slowly.

Top Bottom