[TH] DataTables BB Code [Deleted]

Thank you for this suggestion. I'm always a bit leery of unpaid addons as I don't have the time to chase bugs etc.

The syntax isn't compatible, but the user interface is great, and with a bit of programming knowledge you could transfer the old posts to the new syntax.
How would you transfer thousands of highly complex bbcode tables to new syntax? That sounds like a massive problem that could result in many posts getting wrecked.

I think what you'd have to do is add two parsers into the new addon. One that supports the old syntax and new. This seems sloppy and not a solution I'd like if I can help it.

One or two people have now a problem with upgrading.
Your way to add tables is much easier than the html-like one.
Are there any plans for an update, please?

And what we all should do now, please?
Dont upgrade?
Write a script with regex?

So it seems it was a stupid idea to have used it, right?

i believe I did upgrade this addon at one point, I’ll see if I can find it. Shoot me a PM if you’d like to try it, but I can’t guarantee we’ll be able to provide support for it, or release it as a product

Hello, Frank -

since 2.0 XenForo has Table-BBCodes. They are not compatible with the ones that this AddOn used, but they can be translated with a little effort.

Hello,

from my point of view, a good structured regular expression should do. But I'm not a regexp guru - I only had a few tables that I migrated by hand.

I dont see a possibility for that. I think the best approach is to use the XF2 version of this addon so that all tables work and then manually port all tables over.

Top Bottom