[TH] Custom Post Fields [Deleted]

Jon W

Interesting idea. You mean that the user has to fill x number of fields and the message text, isn't it? For example in a support forum I can ask the user to fill also the browser version and the OS version...

Reactions: Rob
Interesting idea. You mean that the user has to fill x number of fields and the message text, isn't it? For example in a support forum I can ask the user to fill also the browser version and the OS version...
Nail on the head.... however, I imagine each support request will be a thread... not a post. :)

I tried importing a custom post field and got this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Model_Template::importTemplatesFieldXml() in C:\wamp\www\library\Waindigo\CustomPostFields\Model\PostField.php on line 1415

I also have the custom fields addon installed and the import worked fine.

I tried importing a custom post field and got this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Model_Template::importTemplatesFieldXml() in C:\wamp\www\library\Waindigo\CustomPostFields\Model\PostField.php on line 1415

I also have the custom fields addon installed and the import worked fine.

Can confirm. Tried with the ratings custom field

Hi,

Where the content of the fields are displayed once a post is submitted ?
I see nothing.

Thanks for your help

I have created 3 menu options for threads : Feature request, bug report and Question.
How do I use the Value display option? I want to display a different color for each.

I'm just wondering how this is different than the custom fields that are in the post area?
does this remove the requirement of adding text in the thread text area?

I'm just wondering how this is different than the custom fields that are in the post area?
does this remove the requirement of adding text in the thread text area?
Custom post fields were removed from the add-on Custom Fields by Waindigo when we updated to 2.0.0 to remove unnecessary overheads for people who didn't use them.
You are still required to enter a message to create a post/thread.

I'm having this issue too. How do I get the fields to display?

Sorted that out, but I'm getting the post field list in the header for the thread now, which doesn't make sense, and I'm seeing the values instead of the graphic stars for the custom rating field I imported . Any way to resolve?

Yeah same here. Custom rating is showing a number instead of the stars. trying to work around it but got no idea where to change it.

Top Bottom