[TH] Custom Fields [Deleted]

Try the query:
Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_resource_category
    ADD field_cache MEDIUMBLOB NOT NULL,
    DROP allow_submit_user_group_ids,
    ADD prefix_cache MEDIUMBLOB NOT NULL COMMENT 'Serialized data from xf_resource_category_prefix, [group_id][prefix_id] => prefix_id',
    ADD require_prefix TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    ADD featured_count SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

Try the query:
Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_resource_category
    ADD field_cache MEDIUMBLOB NOT NULL,
    DROP allow_submit_user_group_ids,
    ADD prefix_cache MEDIUMBLOB NOT NULL COMMENT 'Serialized data from xf_resource_category_prefix, [group_id][prefix_id] => prefix_id',
    ADD require_prefix TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    ADD featured_count SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

That fixed it. Thanks :D

Not sure why this wouldn't work. Best bet is to just re-upgrade using the latest XML file. Hopefully that will clear the error.
I just re-did the upgrade to the latest version of the Custom Fields Add-on. Uploaded all files and upgraded using the given xml file. When I go to the Node/Forum options, there is still no option to to add custom fields to them.
I've enabled the custom fields to the desired forum but there's no tab to enable them. The custom fields also do not display in the Create A Thread page as desired.
http://puu.sh/5zP1r.png
http://puu.sh/5zP0t.png

As mentioned, this problem arose just after upgrading to the latest version of Xenforo.

@Waindigo

There is a "custom_choices" under
Applications >> Custom Thread Fields >> Create New Field
Possible Choices: custom_choices

Is there a phrase missing?

Thanks for your support

Last edited:
How to edit a thread with custom field. User cannot edit thread, so they also cannot edit custom field in thread.
I have looked for permission in Admin Panel, but there are no option for allowing user edit their threads (they just possible edit title and contents of thread).

Thanks for your support!

How to edit a thread with custom field. User cannot edit thread, so they also cannot edit custom field in thread.
I have looked for permission in Admin Panel, but there are no option for allowing user edit their threads (they just possible edit title and contents of thread).

Thanks for your support!
This is as designed. Please PM me if you'd like to contribute to adding new permissions to allow this.

Hi @Waindigo ! I am trying to install this add-on but i get this error after installing:

Error
The existing data required by the data writer could not be found.

I have tried to uninstall it but it doesn't appear as "Installed Add-on". Could you help me?

Do you have any add-on installers enabled (e.g., Chris Deeming's Install & Upgrade, or Install and Upgrade by Waindigo)?

When exactly do you get this error? Is it during the installation process?

Do you have any add-on installers enabled (e.g., Chris Deeming's Install & Upgrade, or Install and Upgrade by Waindigo)?

When exactly do you get this error? Is it during the installation process?

Yes, Chris' one.

The error is at the end of the installation. I check the "ALTER" query and when it finish i get the message at xenforo. No server errors.

Actually just used a conditional inside thread_create like:

<xen:if is="{$forum.node_id} !== 74">
regular thread create
<xen:else />
custom thread create removing poll/open/stick options rearranging the hook area to go below the title to allow:

Title -> Custom Fields -> Regular text editor
</xen:if>

It's a bit limited since users still have to type something into the editor(until I figure it out otherwise) but it works :)

Hey Russ. Could you possibly be a bit more specific? Pretend for a moment that I don't know what I'm doing...

Actually just used a conditional inside thread_create like:

<xen:if is="{$forum.node_id} !== 74">
regular thread create
<xen:else />
custom thread create removing poll/open/stick options rearranging the hook area to go below the title to allow:

Title -> Custom Fields -> Regular text editor
</xen:if>

It's a bit limited since users still have to type something into the editor(until I figure it out otherwise) but it works :)

I'm using this addon and it's working great. Only thing is I'd like to be able to change the default 'Thread Title' in the text field just like you have with 'Game Title'. But this would only apply to one forum. Can anybody help me out?

Hey @Waindigo any idea when we might expect for this to be searchable? Man I really need to add a custom field for location for a hiking trail review site.

Top Bottom