[TH] Custom Fields [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Custom Fields by Waindigo (version 1.0.0) - Add custom fields to your threads and articles, and make your custom user fields work harder.

This add-on adds the ability to create custom fields that users can fill in when they create threads. This ability can be configured on a per-usergroup and per-node basis.

You can use simple HTML to display the information from the custom fields to the user at the top or bottom of the first post.

This can also be used in conjunction with the Library by Waindigo add-on to add custom fields to articles.

This add-on mimics all the different field types from the custom user fields, and keeps...

Read more about this resource...

When editing a custom field get the following error:

Mysqli prepare error: Table 'oldrdev_xfdev.xf_library' doesn't exist
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in Waindigo/CustomFields/Model/ThreadField.php at line 674
  6. Waindigo_CustomFields_Model_ThreadField->rebuildThreadFieldForumAssociationCache() in Waindigo/CustomFields/Model/ThreadField.php at line 607
  7. Waindigo_CustomFields_Model_ThreadField->updateThreadFieldForumAssociationByThreadField() in Waindigo/CustomFields/ControllerAdmin/ThreadField.php at line 235
  8. Waindigo_CustomFields_ControllerAdmin_ThreadField->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/oldrdev/public_html/xfdev/admin.php at line 13

Needless to say I don't have your Library addon installed.

The edits save okay and gives no errors aside from the above, suspect it just a wee glitch :).

We work prob slightly differently to other 'normal' sites, people can register on the site, but to become an actual member they have to apply. I'm going to use the custom fields so they can confirm their age, their agreement to our code of conduct etc and list which games they are interested in.

Very cool!

Can more than one thread field be used? Also, can the output be styled? This can be used for a 'simple forms' .

What will happen with Thread field's information/data that are filled and posted using this add-on, when we uninstall or disable this add-on?

Thanks for all the great questions...

Can more than one thread field be used? Also, can the output be styled? This can be used for a 'simple forms' .
Absolutely, unlimited thread fields can be used. The header/footer templates which provide the output are standard XenForo templates, so you can use HTML, conditional statements, include stylesheet files, etc.

Because you can use PHP Callbacks, the forms can be as complicated as you like... and if you need help making them complicated, I am happy to help (as a paid service, of course).

Can we search on custom field data?
Not yet. Coming soon.

I do believe this is what Xarcell was requesting

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/diablo-3-build-guides-posting-reviewing-and-rating.33944/
Minus the rating system

Custom fields for nodes that require a specific posting format. IE Staff application forums, review forums, build forums, etc etc.
Exactly. These are just a few examples of what this could be used for. Some of the features Xarcell needs will still need a separate add-on, but (as noted above) we are hoping to add a search feature soon, and post fields are also coming soon.

Can you share some of the examples of what you would use this for?
Some examples above. I can think of a million uses and I'm sure other members will be able to come up with a million more. And I'm hoping to add an export feature soon, so we will all be able to share our wonderful ideas.

What will happen with Thread field's information/data that are filled and posted using this add-on, when we uninstall or disable this add-on?
On disable, all the field information will be stored but no new information will be collected, and the header/footer templates will be disabled so the output will be hidden.
On uninstall, all thread field information will be destroyed (unless backed up, of course).

When editing a custom field get the following error:

Needless to say I don't have your Library addon installed.

The edits save okay and gives no errors aside from the above, suspect it just a wee glitch :).
Thanks. This should work without the library add-on, so will release a fix for this.

This is something that I wanted for very long, good stuff as always :) Jon, is it possible with this addon now to add extra fields under the thread title like this one?

Attachments

• extrafield.webp
    extrafield.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 174
Mysqli statement execute error : Field 'custom_fields' doesn't have a default value
Got that error when trying to create a poll. I had the add-on disabled. After uninstalling the add-on the error was gone. :\

Mysqli statement execute error : Field 'custom_fields' doesn't have a default value
Got that error when trying to create a poll. I had the add-on disabled. After uninstalling the add-on the error was gone. :\
Thanks. I will fix that error, which also won't appear if the add-on is enabled.

anddd i uninstalled it and now I can't view member profiles.... lol
Server Error

Undefined index: field_type
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/UserField.php at line 157
  2. XenForo_Model_UserField->prepareUserField() in XenForo/Model/UserField.php at line 208
  3. XenForo_Model_UserField->prepareUserFields() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Member.php at line 184
  4. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member->actionMember() in bdMedal/Extend/ControllerPublic/Member.php at line 4
  5. bdMedal_Extend_ControllerPublic_Member->actionMember() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/reddeadu/public_html/index.php at line 13

Oops. Uninstaller must have deleted one of the core database fields. I will release an update in the next hour. You should be able to fix by reinstalling the add-on, then you will be able to uninstall using the updated uninstaller (should you want to).

Top Bottom