[TH] Custom Fields [Deleted]

Hi Waindigo,

A few questions/notes after a few days of testing:

Major issues (for me)
  1. BBCode does not seem to work in the custom fields.
  2. Users cannot edit their posts to change what they put in the custom fields.
At the moment, those are two main "deal breaker" type issues that prevent me from doing what I need to do.

Minor issues (for me)
  1. Cannot specify thread title with custom field entry.
  2. Cannot replace user post with custom fields (still required to enter a post, and then fill out the fields).
  3. When creating a new thread, the list of Custom Fields show in alphabetical order, even though I have my priorities set otherwise. You mentioned this is a bug previously.
If you could let me know if you have any plans to add/fix any of these, it would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi Waindigo,

A few questions/notes after a few days of testing:

Major issues (for me)
  1. BBCode does not seem to work in the custom fields.
  2. Users cannot edit their posts to change what they put in the custom fields.
At the moment, those are two main "deal breaker" type issues that prevent me from doing what I need to do.
1. Are you referring to the header/footer? This is unlikely to be supported in the near future, but there is nothing you can do with BBCode that you can't do with HTML, and you can do even more with conditional statements etc.
If you are referring to the input to a custom field, then this is definitely something that I would like the add-on to support. Perhaps you would be willing to contribute to the development of this?
2. Yes they can, they need to edit the thread, not the post.

Minor issues (for me)
  1. Cannot specify thread title with custom field entry.
  2. Cannot replace user post with custom fields (still required to enter a post, and then fill out the fields).
  3. When creating a new thread, the list of Custom Fields show in alphabetical order, even though I have my priorities set otherwise. You mentioned this is a bug previously.
If you could let me know if you have any plans to add/fix any of these, it would be greatly appreciated :)

1. Not sure how easy it would be to support this. Can you explain why you would want to do this?
2. I think this will be supported in the very near future.
3. Yes, this is a bug and will be fixed soon.

I found some bugs.

In ACP, Custom Fields list:
"Select All" not selecting anything.
EDIT : Applicable forums issue is not a bug, see below.

When creating a Library article (sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread):
The "Select Forum" field (from article_discussion_link custom field) does not list any of my forums. I am unable to link a thread to a new article.
EDIT : I figured this out : I need to select forums that will be selected here in the "Applicable forum" option of the field.

I'll be glad to help if you're having troubles replicating these. Thank you again for your work.

I'm back with another bug, this time easy to replicate:

The account/preferences page content encoding is messed up in non-english languages. This happens only when the Custom Fields addon is installed and enabled, all other addons disabled. It all reverts back to normal once Custom Fields disabled. See capture for example. Others preferences pages seem not to be subject to the issue, and even preferences navigation (left sidebar) is OK.

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    57.1 KB · Views: 36
I'm back with another bug, this time easy to replicate:

The account/preferences page content encoding is messed up in non-english languages. This happens only when the Custom Fields addon is installed and enabled, all other addons disabled. It all reverts back to normal once Custom Fields disabled. See capture for example. Others preferences pages seem not to be subject to the issue, and even preferences navigation (left sidebar) is OK.
I have spent the last 3 days trying to fix this bug and am losing a lot of money, despite the original contributor to this add-on not caring about non-English languages (hence it is not really a bug). I am on about my fifth attempt at fixing this. Fingers crossed!

I have spent the last 3 days trying to fix this bug and am losing a lot of money, despite the original contributor to this add-on not caring about non-English languages (hence it is not really a bug). I am on about my fifth attempt at fixing this. Fingers crossed!
This is a bug from Zend Framework.
I used the hack in this bug description : http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-10788 and it worked for me.

Basically edit library/Zend/Dom/Query.php at line 257: replace
PHP:
$success = $domDoc->loadHTML($document);
with
PHP:
$success = $domDoc->loadHTML('<?xml encoding="'.$encoding.'">' .$document);

This may need an official bug report to the XF team.

The update did not resolve the encoding bug on my working copy. Didn't you forget one or two "_utf8Decode/Encode" (e.g. in Waindigo_CustomFields_Listener_TemplatePostRender::_accountFields() )?

The update did not resolve the encoding bug on my working copy. Didn't you forget one or two "_utf8Decode/Encode" (e.g. in Waindigo_CustomFields_Listener_TemplatePostRender::_accountFields() )?
$this->_utf8Decode and $this->_utf8Encode are new custom-built functions that fix the encoding bug. Can you give an example of where this bug is not fixed?

$this->_utf8Decode and $this->_utf8Encode are new custom-built functions that fix the encoding bug. Can you give an example of where this bug is not fixed?
Exact same example as before in account/preferences/ .
View attachment 32265
Based on your update, I added calls to $this->_utf8Decode() at line 112 and $this->_utf8Encode() at line 136 of library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php and it fixes it.

Exact same example as before in account/preferences/ .
View attachment 32265
Based on your update, I added calls to $this->_utf8Decode() at line 112 and $this->_utf8Encode() at line 136 of library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php and it fixes it.
Is this not already updated in the latest download of Custom Fields?

Re-re-checked addon-Waindigo_CustomFields-1.0.3.1343685732.zip (current available version) and... nope.
Just checked those line numbers. This bug should have been fixed a while ago, as it didn't need the most recent fix (for more exotic characters). Sorry about that.

Top Bottom