[TH] Create Thread from Forum List [Deleted]

Can you check if all template modifications are being applied?

I doubt there will be a button on the featured threads page template anyway so it's just going to be the template mod for the forum_list.

I also have a template mod for the forum_list template for when the page is set as the home/portal page.

upload_2015-2-19_21-39-23.webp

If you disable that, does the button appear?

Right, not sure there's much I can do about that as there are quite a few changes required to the forum_list template when the featured threads page is set as the home page.

You could edit the cta_featuredthreads_forum_list_title_meta template and add the code directly - that should then work.

But clicking the button gives me this error:
upload_2015-2-20_5-53-34.webp

After installation no options to setup right?

Reactions: sbj
And normally, when your already inside a forum section pressing New thread doesn't need to select a forum destination to create thread.
But with this addon installed, I must select a forum destination every time.

Is there something you need to do to get the button to show @Waindigo?
As long as you can post a thread in a forum somewhere it should work.

Is there a way to make it display on xenportal index?
Try adding:
HTML:
<xen:topctrl><a href="{xen:link 'forums/-/create-thread'}" class="callToAction OverlayTrigger"><span>{xen:phrase post_new_thread}</span></a></xen:topctrl>
to the xenportal index template. It won't check permissions though as that would require extra coding.

Simple and nice idea
installed, but the button doesn't show up.
Do you have any other buttons in that spot? Seems to be clashing with a few different add-ons.

And normally, when your already inside a forum section pressing New thread doesn't need to select a forum destination to create thread.
But with this addon installed, I must select a forum destination every time.
Seems to be clashing with another add-on. Can you try and disable other add-ons and work out which one it is clashing with? What version of XenForo are you running?

As long as you can post a thread in a forum somewhere it should work.

Try adding:
HTML:
<xen:topctrl><a href="{xen:link 'forums/-/create-thread'}" class="callToAction OverlayTrigger"><span>{xen:phrase post_new_thread}</span></a></xen:topctrl>
to the xenportal index template. It won't check permissions though as that would require extra coding.

Do you have any other buttons in that spot? Seems to be clashing with a few different add-ons.

Seems to be clashing with another add-on. Can you try and disable other add-ons and work out which one it is clashing with? What version of XenForo are you running?
My forum works fine with posting and the button works normal for new thread-but your button doesn't show for some reason.

Last edited:
Top Bottom