[TH] Create Thread from Forum List [Deleted]

Did you already found the right addon causing conflict?

With Similar Threads enabled it throws the error.

With Similar Threads disabled it works.

It may not be the case for the other guy, but it is for me. Go figure. Try disabling the addon for yourself.

Edit: Found the issue, it's when it tries to show similar threads when you make a new one. Go into Similar threads options and untick "Show Create Thread":

d6b2a78367742ec47fd55484f2b70690.png

Works fine now with Similar Threads on.

With Similar Threads enabled it throws the error.

With Similar Threads disabled it works.

It may not be the case for the other guy, but it is for me. Go figure. Try disabling the addon for yourself.

Edit: Found the issue, it's when it tries to show similar threads when you make a new one. Go into Similar threads options and untick "Show Create Thread":

d6b2a78367742ec47fd55484f2b70690.png

Works fine now with Similar Threads on.
Much better if this addon will also fix the issue conflicting similar thread addon :(
I also want "Show similar thread Feature".

Last edited:
Jon W updated Create Thread from Forum List by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.2 released

Bug fixes:
  • Fixes incompatibility with Featured Threads. If you have made template changes to fix this issue in previous version, you can now undo those changes (although it should work fine regardless).
  • Fixes incompatibility with Similar Threads and other add-ons that don't check for different response types in actionCreateThread. A controller response exception is now used to force the forum chooser dialog to be displayed.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: rdn
@Lior. I have some conflict with your Best Answer Addon and this one.
Normally, when your already inside a forum section pressing "Ask Question" doesn't need to select a forum destination to create thread.
But with this addon installed, I must select a forum destination again.

This doesn't work on some forums with custom url structure/url portion.
I ended up removing my custom url structure.

Doesn't work for me - not sure whether this is an add-on clashing with the popup. I get:

The following error occurred:
The requested forum could not be found.

Problem:

When a forum has "URL Portion", and we want to create new thread from inside it (Not from forum list by this add-on's button), it not works as it must, and it opens this add-on's page to choose which forum we want to create thread .
But about the forums without "URL Portion" there is no problem.

Thanks

Reactions: rdn
Thanks.

breadcrumbs in my forum list are hidden. Is it possible to move this button to sidebar? or to navbar? (navigation bar is better) with the same behavior. (I mean that popup)

Top Bottom