[TH] Covers [Deleted]

Getting this now 😂
Server error log
  • Error: Call to a member function getContent() on null
  • src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Pub/Controller/Cover.php:410
  • Generated by: Carbon
  • Jun 26, 2019 at 10:11 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Pub/Controller/Cover.php(387): ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover->assertCover('resource', '6')
#1 src/XF/Pub/Controller/AbstractController.php(30): ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover->preDispatchController('Position', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Controller.php(123): XF\Pub\Controller\AbstractController->preDispatchType('Position', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(320): XF\Mvc\Controller->preDispatch('Position', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('ThemeHouse\\Cove...', 'Position', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#7 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#8 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#9 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#10 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(27) "/covers/resource/6/position"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Also getting /admin.php?tools/run-job The requested page could not be found when updating. /admin.php?add-ons/ThemeHouse-Covers/upgrade The requested page could not be found.

Also getting /admin.php?tools/run-job The requested page could not be found when updating. /admin.php?add-ons/ThemeHouse-Covers/upgrade The requested page could not be found.

View attachment 205322

Could you provide a full page screenshot of the error message you're getting when running the rebuild/upgrade? Also, can you check your error log to see if anything was logged that prevented the upgrade from completing?

Could you provide a full page screenshot of the error message you're getting when running the rebuild/upgrade? Also, can you check your error log to see if anything was logged that prevented the upgrade from completing?
Yeah as you can see above I’ve provided an error log for you. Take a look please

Anyone going to fix this as it's been spamming in my error logs for the past week?

Server error log
  • Error: Call to a member function getContent() on null
  • src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Pub/Controller/Cover.php:410
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Jul 2, 2019 at 2:09 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Pub/Controller/Cover.php(387): ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover->assertCover('resource', '1')
#1 src/XF/Pub/Controller/AbstractController.php(30): ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover->preDispatchController('Position', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Controller.php(123): XF\Pub\Controller\AbstractController->preDispatchType('Position', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(320): XF\Mvc\Controller->preDispatch('Position', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('ThemeHouse\\Cove...', 'Position', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#7 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#8 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#9 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#10 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(27) "/covers/resource/1/position"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Reactions: frm
Is there a way to use the thread's cover image in the thread list (even if it means I have to tweak the templates a bit)? If so, what code would I use to call the cover?

^ Read more in these quotes.
Well why isn’t it fixed and why are customers or potential customers being ignored? It’s obviously well requested so why haven’t they released it yet? Updates are way too slow and if you don’t put some more money into it then you’re going to have to wait. Another forum (won’t name) has it working so either they’ve paid extra to have it working or they’ve released it to selective few.

Well why isn’t it fixed
I don't know if it has been fixed as of now or not (I guess it has, because it isn't happening on my board anymore). I just wanted to point you to those quotes because I have mentioned the corresponding permission for that. Sorry if I was ambiguous :)

I don't know if it has been fixed as of now or not (I guess it has, because it isn't happening on my board anymore). I just wanted to point you to those quotes because I have mentioned the corresponding permission for that. Sorry if I was ambiguous :)
Oh no need to apologise at all!

What does the User Criteria do when setting a preset? Does it determine who is able to select that preset for their own threads or does it determine who will see that cover displayed on threads?

And is there a way to allow specific covers only for specific forums? i.e. Forum1 can choose from any covers in Category1, Forum2 can choose from Category 2, etc.

What does the User Criteria do when setting a preset? Does it determine who is able to select that preset for their own threads or does it determine who will see that cover displayed on threads?
It determines who is able to select that cover preset as mentioned in our documentation.

And is there a way to allow specific covers only for specific forums? i.e. Forum1 can choose from any covers in Category1, Forum2 can choose from Category 2, etc.
Not at this time, no.

Just bought this but having one big problem.

The size of our membercard area is different to the size of our thread header and that causes a problem as you can't specify the size of the images you upload or set categories to only be usuable by either threads or by users. That means the images get automatically cropped horribly but also any presets can only look good for either users or threads, not both.

Two things that'd help this a lot would be ways to 1) specify the allowable image dimensions for each category type 2) limit a category to only being allowed to be either a user preset or a thread preset.

Anyone any idea if either or both of those are possible?

Just bought this but having one big problem.

The size of our membercard area is different to the size of our thread header and that causes a problem as you can't specify the size of the images you upload or set categories to only be usuable by either threads or by users. That means the images get automatically cropped horribly but also any presets can only look good for either users or threads, not both.

Two things that'd help this a lot would be ways to 1) specify the allowable image dimensions for each category type 2) limit a category to only being allowed to be either a user preset or a thread preset.

Anyone any idea if either or both of those are possible?
Hello Rob, I've responded to you on our ticket system in relation to what you are looking for above. Talk to you there.

Top Bottom