[TH] Covers [Deleted]

I was also thinking to ask that. Be good to have an option to bypass.
Can this be specified by using permissions (like thread moderation permissions) or at least disabled? I like this feature, but not as a mandatory one for a couple thousand users. Or does it respect the "Submit content without approval" permission?
That's what it listens to, yes.

But this is currently buggy, albeit fixed (but not released)
I've found (and fixed) an issue that would wrongly queue covers for the approval queue,

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Covers with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.3 released!

Changes:
  • Resolved an issue that would prevent cover cache rebuilds when [TH] Image Optimizer was installed
  • Resolved an issue that would show empty categories on the preset selector.
  • Resolved an issue that would leave cover preset and preset category phrases undeleted on uninstall.
  • Profile cover changes are now logged to the ACP user change log.
  • Covers can now be used as open graph images (enable in add-on options).

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: frm
With OG now being added, is it possible that we can get an aspect ratio added in the options (say 2:1 or 1.91:1) or specific dimensions that a cover must be (1200x628 or 1200x600) in addition to the current option of its maximum file size?

Thank you! :)

Covers are automatically scaled by the software upon upload.
To what dimensions? I've been customizing my covers to be 1200x628 this whole time, but if I could upload in a higher resolution and at the 1.91:1 aspect ratio, it'd save me a step.

Multiple sizes to fit all software use cases:
Code:
'o' => 2560,
'l' => 1200,
'm' => 700,
's' => 350,
Those are the max widths. The aspect ratio is preserved.

Reactions: frm
But this is currently buggy, albeit fixed (but not released)
I think it's related to something else.

I was hoping for a new permission whereby a usergroup would ignore the approval moderation queue and can upload covers freely.

It looks like this add-on's handling of approval queue is broken. In ThemeHouse\Covers\Entity\Cover::_preSave(), it is directly saving & deleting the ApprovalQueue & DeletionLog entries. This is outside of the transaction.

Really, _preSave() should be renamed to _postSave(). And the default for cover_date moved to getStructure, as it should be \XF::$time not 0

Last edited:
It looks like this add-on's handling of approval queue is broken. In ThemeHouse\Covers\Entity\Cover::_preSave(), it is directly saving & deleting the ApprovalQueue & DeletionLog entries. This is outside of the transaction.

Really, _preSave() should be renamed to _postSave()

That's already been changed.

Can this be updated to support XPress covers as well? Or perhaps it is more appropriate to post this in the XPress thread?

I am getting this error:
Server error log
  • Error: Cannot use object of type XF\Cache\RedisCache as array
  • src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Repository/CoverHandler.php:75
  • Generated by: Carbon
  • Jun 25, 2019 at 4:10 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Pub/Controller/Cover.php(408): ThemeHouse\Covers\Repository\CoverHandler->getCoverHandler('resource', true)
#1 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Pub/Controller/Cover.php(387): ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover->assertCover('resource', '6')
#2 src/XF/Pub/Controller/AbstractController.php(30): ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover->preDispatchController('Position', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Controller.php(123): XF\Pub\Controller\AbstractController->preDispatchType('Position', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(320): XF\Mvc\Controller->preDispatch('Position', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('ThemeHouse\\Cove...', 'Position', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#8 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#9 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#10 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#11 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(27) "/covers/resource/6/position"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

v1.0.4 has a bug in getCoverHandlers and getCoverHandler;
PHP:
$this->app()->cache('addon.cache')['XFRM']
should be
PHP:
$this->app()->container('addon.cache')['XFRM']

v1.0.4 has a bug in getCoverHandlers and getCoverHandler;
PHP:
$this->app()->cache('addon.cache')['XFRM']
should be
PHP:
$this->app()->container('addon.cache')['XFRM']

Thanks! I've passed the details off to Lukas :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom