[TH] Covers [Deleted]

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Covers with a new update entry:

• Added approval queue functionality that moderates user covers which will need to be approved/disapproved in the approval queue

Can this be specified by using permissions (like thread moderation permissions) or at least disabled? I like this feature, but not as a mandatory one for a couple thousand users. Or does it respect the "Submit content without approval" permission?

Im getting this after the update, when i try to add an cover:
PHP:
InvalidArgumentException: Attempted to convert NULL to integer [content_id] in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 740

XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_castValueToType() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 618
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1363
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_resolveDeferredValue() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1350
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_fillDeferredValues() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1158
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Entity/Cover.php at line 311
ThemeHouse\Covers\Entity\Cover->_preSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1297
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->preSave() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Service/Cover/Editor.php at line 113
ThemeHouse\Covers\Service\Cover\Editor->validate() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Pub/Controller/Cover.php at line 94
ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover->actionImage() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 244
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

plz help

Since the update I keep getting this error spammed in the error logs
Server error log
  • Error: Call to undefined method XF\Mvc\Reply\View::canPositionImage()
  • src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Pub/Controller/Cover.php:201
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • May 9, 2019 at 11:36 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover->actionPosition(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('ThemeHouse\\Cove...', 'Position', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover), NULL)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover), NULL)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#4 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#5 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#6 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#7 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(25) "/covers/user/199/position"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Im getting this after the update, when i try to add an cover:
PHP:
InvalidArgumentException: Attempted to convert NULL to integer [content_id] in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 740

XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_castValueToType() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 618
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_resolveDeferredValue() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1350
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_fillDeferredValues() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1158
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Entity/Cover.php at line 311
ThemeHouse\Covers\Entity\Cover->_preSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1297
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->preSave() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Service/Cover/Editor.php at line 113
ThemeHouse\Covers\Service\Cover\Editor->validate() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Pub/Controller/Cover.php at line 94
ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover->actionImage() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321

plz help
Since the update I keep getting this error spammed in the error logs
Server error log
  • Error: Call to undefined method XF\Mvc\Reply\View::canPositionImage()
  • src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Pub/Controller/Cover.php:201
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • May 9, 2019 at 11:36 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover->actionPosition(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('ThemeHouse\\Cove...', 'Position', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover), NULL)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover), NULL)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#4 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#5 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#6 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#7 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(25) "/covers/user/199/position"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
Got these both reported on our issue tracker, we'll take a closer look to see what might be causing them.

After update to Patch Level 1:

Code:

Missing some CSS? Using the XF default them with 2.1.x it looks like when viewing the full profile page there is some CSS being applied so that the text is a lighter color than the profile cover image (what other people see) but when viewing the member account drop-down menu (what only the logged in person sees) the text is too dark to read.

Is this a 'TH Covers' thing or something I need to take into account?

Missing some CSS? Using the XF default them with 2.1.x it looks like when viewing the full profile page there is some CSS being applied so that the text is a lighter color than the profile cover image (what other people see) but when viewing the member account drop-down menu (what only the logged in person sees) the text is too dark to read.

Is this a 'TH Covers' thing or something I need to take into account?

View attachment 202023View attachment 202024
It's been like that for some time but if things don't get reported, they don't get fixed. I never really use it for the drop down menu. Seems like things are rushed and keep breaking, who is even developing this add-on?

Seems like things are rushed and keep breaking, who is even developing this add-on?

Not sure what seems rushed to you here, other than us releasing smaller updates for issues lately rather than bulking them into larger updates and keeping everybody waiting for nothing. Most of the issues reported here are rare race conditions that don't affect the vast majority of users (otherwise you'd hear far more feedback on the matter).

Not sure what seems rushed to you here, other than us releasing smaller updates for issues lately rather than bulking them into larger updates and keeping everybody waiting for nothing. Most of the issues reported here are rare race conditions that don't affect the vast majority of users (otherwise you'd hear far more feedback on the matter).
Keep up the hard work!

@Lukas W. Thanks for the quick turn-around on the color issue with the drop-down, I'll be downloading the update later today.

EDIT: CSS fixed (y)

Last edited:
Still not fixed this error? I did not think that ThemeHouse add-on safe for use in live site because every update will be happened new issue and bug fix update take a long time, as month or more. When bug happened functionality breaking issues. So ThemeHouse add-on safe for test site, not live site ... :mad:

hi @ThemeHouse

i just updated to the latest version of the addon ... and something seems to be extremely broken right now

each time i try to add a cover to a thread - i get this message:

ov7PsHp.png

which would be fine ... except the permissions are set like this:

is there a way for the covers to be automatically approved or something? it used to work just fine until i updated to the latest version

on top of that - even though the permission is set - i can't delete the covers either:

also - some users are getting errors when trying to upload a cover (even though they're smaller than the filesize limit and also bigger/smaller than the resolution limit for covers):

Top Bottom