[TH] Covers [Deleted]

Hi there, just installed and works great :)
BUT... there is one bug I found:
When users are allowed to upload a cover to their ressource, they can´t delete it... the option is not shown in dropdown (permissions are set, delete works on their profile)
Could you please fix this soon?
I am able to replicate this as well, I'll go ahead and report this so that it is fixed in our next release! :) Thanks for reporting this.
This is something that was reported but wasn't replicated by anyone else on our development team but to better assist you with the issue mentioned above, go ahead and create a ticket on it so we can investigate further to see why you are still experiencing it? You are using the latest version, correct?
Hi @Dalton Prock when will this be fixed? I've the same issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-11-14 20.27.01.webp
    Screenshot 2018-11-14 20.27.01.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot 2018-11-14 20.28.07.webp
    Screenshot 2018-11-14 20.28.07.webp
    7 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2018-11-14 20.29.06.webp
    Screenshot 2018-11-14 20.29.06.webp
    8.5 KB · Views: 12
A suggestion for this addon would be the ability to have a user criteria for having a cover so it can cope with content trophies.

You are able to demo this product by navigating to its product page here and click on the "View Demo" button.
Any image that you upload will become responsive as they scale when you resize the page; it is inserted in as an image. You are able to upload it from your computer or with an image URL found on the web.
I tested Demo and covers not responsive......

@Jake B. @Dalton Prock

I'm not really keen on letting users upload images for every single thread that they create, but it would be kind of cool if there was an option to let them use a set number of images of their own choosing. In other words, allow certain user groups to create their own presets, but the number controlled by the admin, of course. Don't know how feasible that is, but it would be a nice feature, something we could maybe offer to subscribers as another incentive.

Last edited:
@Jake B. @Dalton Prock

I'm not really keen on letting users upload images for every single thread that they create, but it would be kind of cool if there was an option to let them use a set number of images of their own choosing. In other words, allow certain user groups to create their own presets, but the number controlled by the admin, of course. Don't know how feasible that is, but it would be a nice feature, something we could maybe offer to subscribers as another incentive.
I thought it is possible to give Permission to upload a Cover per Forum?! Can user upload Covers for every single Thread they create?!

I thought it is possible to give Permission to upload a Cover per Forum?! Can user upload Covers for every single Thread they create?!
Well, keep in mind that I installed the addon for the first time like half an hour before I posted that, but no, I I didn't see any permissions at all for nodes. Not even for presets, where it would be cool to at least be able to set default thread covers based on node or prefix, but instead you're limited to just one thread preset for the entire forum. So...yeah, looks like you either allow users to add images to all threads or none. You can limit that to using your presets, but that also looks to be an all or nothing proposition. Of course whoever can correct me if I'm wrong about that. Like I said, I've barely used it at this point.

I'm using a TH demo XF install and am running into what seems like an unhandled error for large images trying to be uploaded. What is the max image size (file size, not dimensions) that can be used and is that configurable? The site I'd be intending to use it with is targeted to photographers so they'd be likely trying to upload some pretty large files. I see that after uploading a large dimension file that users can choose the cover position but having uploads rejected due to file size would be frustrating for some members since elsewhere XF resizes images as needed.

Judging from the bit of the console error that is visible on your screenshot, this limit appears to be happening on your server level long before XenForo even starts. You probably need to increase the allowed body size of requests made to your server.

Judging from the bit of the console error that is visible on your screenshot, this limit appears to be happening on your server level long before XenForo even starts. You probably need to increase the allowed body size of requests made to your server.

I'm using a TH demo XF install
It's a TH demo, not my server (check the URL in the error), and it'd still be an unhandled error.

How about the question of if there is a limit and, if so, is it configurable?

That limit can be configured, the error is coming from the Upload limit on our NGINX configuration, just isn’t something Xenforo is able to catch. You’ll likely see the same thing happen with attachments if you upload the same file

Top Bottom