[TH] Conversations Access [Deleted]

The last read date is not used by XenForo core except to keep track of whether a message has been read. In order to stop the message being marked as read, this add-on pretends that the message has already been marked as read for that user by changing that date (i.e., doesn't actually change the database). Since it is not output to the screen in XenForo core, this does not cause any problems in XenForo core.

If you have the extra sidebar block enabled, then it will display incorrectly for anyone who is viewing another user's messages.

However, I suspect that it will display correctly for that user when they view their own messages (or another user who is part of the conversation views the message), since the date is not changed in the database.

I don't get where we add the users to then have the tabs to access the conversations? Could someone please outline the steps there?

Thanks for the unread update, this is helpful. One hint for who is using this, edit your privacy pages to mention moderation can read private messages.
Some users didn't got happy at all when they noticed moderation have read them and started one public "scandal" at our forum that wasn't easy to deal with.

Thanks for the unread update, this is helpful. One hint for who is using this, edit your privacy pages to mention moderation can read private messages.
Some users didn't got happy at all when they noticed moderation have read them and started one public "scandal" at our forum that wasn't easy to deal with.
Put it in your sign-up T&Cs and if anyone brings it up, tell them that you only read PCs when you suspect a member of breaking your rules. In our case that almost always relates to our trading rules. Members prefer us to find and boot out the scammers and re-registered banned members.

If I give our admin user group permission, this addon works. However if I just give myself individual user permission to access, the addon is not available to me. Do individual user permissions not work for this?

We use individual permssions exclusively and they seem to work here.
(v1.0.2 on XF 1.4.1)

Weird. With any other test/dummy user I can set indiv permissions and get access. But with my super admin account, setting my indiv permissions will not give me access.

@Waindigo When a mod/admin accesses another's conversations, is that action logged anywhere? I need logging so that anyone I give perms to will be held accountable, and I haven't been able to find it in any existing logs....

Has anyone tried this on 1.5? I'm very curious why it has been abandoned, when it appears that Waindigo is still taking payment for premium features on other plugins?

Not working for me anymore and if you use other mods with this mod like conversation essentials (latest one) then this one will break this mod.

I had one commissioned by @Liam W and it's fantastic. I highly recommend his work. I asked him to release the plugin for others to use, which he did as a paid add-on here: https://xf-liam.com/products/conversation-monitoring.39/

I did look into it earlier but people are complaining about it, Liam Not answering thread posts & very low rating..

like this post here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/conversation-monitoring-paid.118120/#post-1106694

still hasn't been answered for a long time, no one knows if its even being developed anymore.

Top Bottom