[TH] Conversation Search [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Conversation Search by Waindigo - Adds the ability to search your own conversation messages to the main search.

Description:

This add-on adds the ability to search your own conversation messages to the main search.

Installation:
  • Upload contents of upload folder to root directory, overwriting any existing files.
  • Install addon-Waindigo_ConvSearch.xml file.
  • Rebuild the Search Index by going to Tools -> Rebuild Search Index in the Admin Control Panel.
Licence:

Distributed free for non-commercial use only. Please contact Waindigo to...

Read more about this resource...

I know :p

I mean't could you implement it?
Yes, although it would actually be pretty useless because you would still not be able to view the conversation. You'd just get a snippet. Better to use the Login As User add-on I reckon.

Yes, although it would actually be pretty useless because you would still not be able to view the conversation. You'd just get a snippet. Better to use the Login As User add-on I reckon.
Could you make it so you could read convo? as admin? This I think would be an amazing tool.

Could you make it so you could read convo? as admin? This I think would be an amazing tool.
Might be better to do this as a separate add-on, but extending this add-on to use its search index. Please PM me if you are interested in contributing.

If anyone has uninstalled the add-on and needs to get back the above functionality, please run the following SQL queries using PhpMyAdmin or similar:
Code:
INSERT INTO xf_content_type
        (content_type, addon_id, fields)
    VALUES
        ('conversation', 'XenForo', ''),
        ('conversation_message', 'XenForo', '')
Code:
INSERT INTO xf_content_type_field
        (content_type, field_name, field_value)
    VALUES
        ('conversation', 'alert_handler_class', 'XenForo_AlertHandler_Conversation'),
        ('conversation', 'stats_handler_class', 'XenForo_StatsHandler_Conversation'),

('conversation_message', 'report_handler_class', 'XenForo_ReportHandler_ConversationMessage'),
        ('conversation_message', 'attachment_handler_class', 'XenForo_AttachmentHandler_ConversationMessage')

Edit: If you are running XenForo 1.2, you will also need to run the following query:
Code:
INSERT INTO xf_content_type_field
        (content_type, field_name, field_value)
    VALUES
        ('conversation', 'spam_handler_class', 'XenForo_SpamHandler_Conversation')

Last edited:
Man y'all have no idea how much of a pain-in-the-ass it is to find stuff in conversations on my site. This is dope. I'll wait awhile before installing it though.

Top Bottom