[TH] Content Creation Limits [Deleted]

Hi, great idea (y) Might buy it, but I have two Questions:
  • is it usergroup-permission based?
  • could an option "limit edits of posts" be included? Sometime users try to destroy discussion by destructively editing their own posts.

is it usergroup-permission based?
It sure is.

could an option "limit edits of posts" be included? Sometime users try to destroy discussion by destructively editing their own posts.
This may or may not be out of scope for this add-on but I'll surely mention it to our developers to see if it would be an ideal feature suggestion to add to our issue tracker.

• could an option "limit edits of posts" be included? Sometime users try to destroy discussion by destructively editing their own posts.
That's unfortunately not something we're looking into supporting at this time. To counter this specific case, we'd recommend making use of the existing XenForo option to limit edit time for posts to a small time window after posting, or removing edit permissions altogether for selected members.

To counter this specific case, we'd recommend making use of the existing XenForo option to limit edit time for posts to a small time window after posting, or removing edit permissions altogether for selected members.

Thanks for the suggestions but it does not fit my needs:
  • My forum has many of huge threads (100+ pages) where the startpost often acts as a table of content and will be edited often - even month or years after creation. In this case, the post edit is helpful and desired.
  • Sadly, some users are destructive after a dispute and sometimes edit all their posts (since they are not able to delete) some with something like "-----" destroying whole threads since no one will not be able to understand the discussion. In this case, the edits are harmful.
Using the built-in XenForo option would harm the desired case (see above) and may not even prevent the damaging case if the user is within the time limit. Therefore, I would be very grateful for an option to limit the amount of edits within a certain time in order to limit the damage done by the user in the second case without prohibiting the useful cases.

Does this also apply to new threads created? We have a forum where we only allow two new threads per day, and want to use this to automatically limit them.

This is disturbing, as we have installed this and we're actively using it...
...along with a handful of others I have paid licenses for that I can no longer renew.

Guess we'll ditch our Flare theme and go with someone else. I suppose that, too, will be discontinued in the near future, and with a forum as busy as ours is, I can't be left hanging with unsupported themes or add-ons.

Very disappointing.

I think this one is going to be marked open source. So someone else can come maintain it if it needs to be. Hasnt been an update in over 6 months so safe to say its stable.

That would be good, although my preference is for another developer to take these add-ons over and support them. (Paging @Xon . 😉) We're running a fairly large forum, and I had trusted that these I purchased from ThemeHouse would be supported, given that I'd purchased licenses for those I needed. Honestly, I don't trust "open source" as it reminds me of how many times we got burned with add-ons for XF1, back in the day. (I'd say half the XF1 add-ons we were running got abandoned.)

We may have to rethink using the Flare theme. No offense meant here, but if support for these add-ons has now gone away, it makes me question whether or not Flare will be maintained in the future as well (along with the Nodes add-on). I understand business plans change, but our forum has a "plan" also, and losing support for add-ons or themes is something I need to plan ahead for and take steps to rectify.

Big and exciting changes are coming as we adjust our trajectory, just know that we’ll be with you every step of the way. Take a look at our announcement here for more information. If you have any questions, please contact us here so we can assist.

Top Bottom