[TH] Bible [Deleted]

Thank you for this add on.

If i could ask you a feature related to this add on, this is my suggestion.
If we hover our mouse above Genesis 1:1, then the verse content will appear above the cursor, something like in this picture. This is will be the great feature.
We may need to save all the bible text in database. Thanks

KC5rPIQ.png

Thank you for this add on.

If i could ask you a feature related to this add on, this is my suggestion.
If we hover our mouse above Genesis 1:1, then the verse content will appear above the cursor, something like in this picture. This is will be the great feature.
We may need to save all the bible text in database. Thanks

KC5rPIQ.png
Thanks. If you'd be interested in contributing to this, please drop me a PM.

I've already found a great resource of all the public domain bible verses ready to be imported into a database, so this should be easy to do.

Thanks @Jon W , i would be glad to participate for this project. Even though I have no plan to use it in the near feature, but i know that this feature will be helpful. PM sent!

Jon W updated Bible by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0 released

New features:
  • Added ability to import entire Bibles from The Unbound Bible, including the ability to allow members to read and search for verses in Bibles that have been imported.
  • Allow members to quote verses from the Bible by simply entering the verse name inside the [VERSE] BB Code.
  • [VERSE] BB Code now links to the original Bible text so the verse can be checked and viewed in context....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Version 1.1.1a

New features:
  • [VERSE] BB code now also checks verses against original text (if uploaded) and replaces it with the original text if it has been altered, to avoid Bible verses being mis-quoted. Note that the check allows for ellipses, formatting changes, capitalisation and addition of text inside square brackets.

Version 1.2.0 released

New features:
  • Added ability to edit Bible books (names, url portion, etc.), delete Bible books and to add a choice of names that people can use in messages (e.g., "gen" for Genesis).
  • Typing names of verses (e.g. "John 3:16") in a post will now auto-link that post to the verse in the Bible reader and allow the verse to be viewed by mousing over the verse when viewing on desktop computers. Also supports selecting the Bible translations by entering the name of the version...

Version 1.2.1 released

Bug fixes:
  • Book name phrases are no longer stored in the add-on to fix bug that phrases get removed/changed when add-on is updated (and also to fix bug that phrase for the book of Genesis was not included in version 1.2.0).
    IMPORTANT: You will need to re-import a translation (or import a new translation) in order to create the new book name phrases after installing this latest update.
  • Fixes "Invalid model" error on import.

I can't seem to get the phrases to work. I have imported a new translation (language) and the phrases still do not show up.

Hi, I really want to try this addon but getting this error? Would very much appreciate some guidance. Thanks!

Server Error
ZipArchive::open(): Empty string as source

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. ZipArchive->open() in Waindigo/Bible/Model/Bible.php at line 144
  3. Waindigo_Bible_Model_Bible->importBibleZip() in Waindigo/Bible/ControllerAdmin/Bible.php at line 150
  4. Waindigo_Bible_ControllerAdmin_Bible->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Hi Jon,

Hoping you can point me in the right direction. When I recommend a bible verse from Xenforo the image that is shown is a default xenForo image. Do you know where this image resides so I can change it?

Thanks, Brian

Image1.webp

Top Bottom