[TH] BB Code Permissions [Deleted]

I see your point, but this is not what this add-on is intended to do. The add-on is intended to remove the links entirely.

I am happy to do your option, but you would have to pay for this.

Update with bug fix coming shortly...

I see your point, but this is not what this add-on is intended to do. The add-on is intended to remove the links entirely.

I am happy to do your option, but you would have to pay for this.

i do agree but im just worried that this current addon version
is Not SEO friendly thus it will hurt the site that uses this addon.

my site was once on page 4 when searching , after using this it goes to page 10.
after checking what causes it,
its this mod because it removes all the outbound links.
google cannot find a single link going out of your site thus bad for the site
that uses this addon.

now what if you will set Unregistered usergroup (googlecrawlers and visitors) to BBcode = allow ?
then it defeats its purpose, anyone can view the links posted by just logging out the site.

jon your addons are good, im just trying to add some inputs to make it better for everyone :)

Apologies. This is a bug. The permission is supposed to be a posting permission, not a viewing permission.

I have uploaded a new version with this bug fixed.

another option would be best
admin can select which replace feature to use

feature1 : default ********
feature2: use plain tag http://notclickablesite.com

another option would be best
admin can select which replace feature to use

feature1 : default ********
feature2: use plain tag http://notclickablesite.com
You would have to contribute to this. Please contact me if you are interested.

Excellent add-on! Well done!

One issue: it seems URLs are still visible when viewing through Tapatalk. Not sure whether that's something you can fix or if it's not within your control?

Excellent add-on! Well done!

One issue: it seems URLs are still visible when viewing through Tapatalk. Not sure whether that's something you can fix or if it's not within your control?
Will look into this, although this would be a chargeable feature as would not be classed as a bug. Is this something that you would be interested in contributing towards?

Will look into this, although this would be a chargeable feature as would not be classed as a bug. Is this something that you would be interested in contributing towards?
Yes -- how much were you hoping for approximately? :) I would like to contribute, or rather, I would like my members to contribute, esp. as we already use one of your other add-ons. They're not a very affluent bunch, unfortunately, and I only have about 150 members so far. (They're very active though.)

Yes -- how much were you hoping for approximately? :) I would like to contribute, or rather, I would like my members to contribute, esp. as we already use one of your other add-ons. They're not a very affluent bunch, unfortunately, and I only have about 150 members so far. (They're very active though.)
I'll need to look into it, then I'll drop you a PM.

Another issue: Not sure if this is intended or not, but if another member (who is in a usergroup that can post URLs) quotes a post with starred out URLs, the URLs become visible in the quote.

Another issue: Not sure if this is intended or not, but if another member (who is in a usergroup that can post URLs) quotes a post with starred out URLs, the URLs become visible in the quote.
Hmmm... I suppose it depends what the intended use of this add-on is. Let me look into it and see how easy it would be to fix.

Waindigo updated BB Code Permissions by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0 released

New features:
  • Added permissions to check for usage of [EMAIL], [IMG] and [MEDIA] BB Codes.
  • Removed data now has a tooltip when hovered over to explain that BB Code has been removed.
  • Improved compatibility with NoForo by Waindigo by rebuilding forum permissions automatically if the forum is rebuilt (previously the add-on had to be re-installed/upgraded).
  • Copyright notice now only shows on thread...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom