[TH] Automatic Warnings [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Automatic Warnings by Waindigo - Automatic give users warnings if they post certain content.

Description:

This add-on adds an additional option to the Warnings screen in the Admin Control Panel to create Automatic Warnings.

Automatic Warnings can be issued when a user creates content containing specified words or phrases.

A 'bypass automatic warning check' permission is added by this add-on to ensure that users with permission are never automatically warned.

Installation:
  • Upload contents of upload folder to root directory,...

Read more about this resource...

Oh snap. Is there a way to add the option for links? Like they'll get a warning just for posting a link?

How about not only words but also something like:
If post is totallty UPPERCASE, or more than % of the message is UPPERCASE
Criteria can be combined right? Something like:

If Kintaro's post is totally UPPERCASE or
If USERGROUP's post is totally UPPERCASE

@Kintaro Good idea... I should just add the full range of other criteria (user criteria, date criteria, page criteria).

Edit: date and page criteria can not be added because processing is done through a cron entry rather than at the time of posting.

Last edited:
Nice work Waindigo :)

I have a question, Is it possible to also check Conversations and issue Warnings?
There's a lot of people promoting their sites in the Conversations and there's no tool to manage that.

@Veer Thanks. Interesting suggestion. This would require a warning handler to be built for conversations (since it is not currently possible to warn people in conversations, only report), and this would probably be better suited to a separate add-on.

Drop me a PM if you're interested in contributing to this.

How often does it "check for triggers"?
While testing the addon, I noticed it's a bit "laggy". This is actually an issue for me, since I would like to use the addon to automaticaly ban spammers and delete spam posts/threads :)

How often does it "check for triggers"?
While testing the addon, I noticed it's a bit "laggy". This is actually an issue for me, since I would like to use the addon to automaticaly ban spammers and delete spam posts/threads :)
I think once an hour. You can edit this by going to Admin Control Panel -> Tools -> Cron Entries.

Top Bottom