[TH] Article Manager [Deleted]

Took a chance on this and it seems the issue in the reviews is something that needs to be fixed. When you select a thread to promote to an article, the popup will come up asking for a category, I select a category and it just reloads the page. Nothing is posted in the article section. I'm on the latest version of XF with no other article system installed. Will there be a fix for this in the near future?

Well in that case, I have a couple other things that could be added to the next update. They all have to do with the Categories lists. First off, there is no way to tell if a category has any child categories. Adding a +- to the left side would be invaluable for members to know if there are child categories.

The next thing is in the ACP when you are making the categories. It would be nice if the child categories were tabbed to the right slightly so you know they belong to a parent category.

And the final thing I can think of is to allow a way on the right side of each category in the ACP to have "Add Child" or "Add Sibling" rather than just clicking create new and selecting a parent category.

Fix the promote issue and add those 3 and this will be a fantastic, simple Article System.

Well in that case, I have a couple other things that could be added to the next update. They all have to do with the Categories lists. First off, there is no way to tell if a category has any child categories. Adding a +- to the left side would be invaluable for members to know if there are child categories.

The next thing is in the ACP when you are making the categories. It would be nice if the child categories were tabbed to the right slightly so you know they belong to a parent category.

And the final thing I can think of is to allow a way on the right side of each category in the ACP to have "Add Child" or "Add Sibling" rather than just clicking create new and selecting a parent category.

Fix the promote issue and add those 3 and this will be a fantastic, simple Article System.
You are welcome to add them to our GitHub Issue Tracker if you'd like, here is the link for ya: https://github.com/Audentio/xf-issues

Thanks for that. Hopefully we can get everything lined out. This has the potential to be a very simple and easy to use article management system that anyone can use. Most of them out there are overly complicated, but this one is simple and easy to use. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for that. Hopefully we can get everything lined out. This has the potential to be a very simple and easy to use article management system that anyone can use. Most of them out there are overly complicated, but this one is simple and easy to use. Thanks for the help.
Not a problem at all.

It seems the select a quote is not working even though I have it set to on in the settings. Could this last xenforo update messed that up?

Not sure if Wang is still involved so wanted to make sure that guests (unregistered/not logged in) would be allowed to comment on articles with a permissions to set to on or off and with or with out moderation. Wang had said he would add that to the next version, we count on guests comments and views from guests. Based on views we pay the writers so not having this is a big deal to us. Guests will count as a view, and can or can not based on the permission comment:)

WOW ! I am really impressed. I have planned a big budget to have my own article-system like i want to have it, but with this addon i have almost 90% of all my wishes. Some smaller things are missed (or still not seen).

- As admin i should be able to change the autor.
- i dont like to have a thread always or not?!
- but if i want i should add a new thread (in the forum i like!) or just add/edit a number to link.
- when i make an article of a thread, i need more text not only the title.
- And please let me choose if the thread is added to the article.
- the position of the tab in navigation should be at every place, especially at place no.2
- just add a <-- stop --> if no description is given, to have an excerpt.
- size of icon upload should be chooseable.
- the sidebar should be changeable yes, left, right AND TOP
- And choose sidebar for mobile at TOP! Very important
- Categories as pull-down for mobiles is also a good choice

I have tried more or less all of the article systems, but for my needs this one is the only one i will use in future (after i have some customizing done)

You may have some more ideas for this addon? I would like to hear them.
And if there are any issues i would like to know it also, please.

WOW ! I am really impressed. I have planned a big budget to have my own article-system like i want to have it, but with this addon i have almost 90% of all my wishes. Some smaller things are missed (or still not seen).

- As admin i should be able to change the autor.
- i dont like to have a thread always or not?!
- but if i want i should add a new thread (in the forum i like!) or just add/edit a number to link.
- when i make an article of a thread, i need more text not only the title.
- And please let me choose if the thread is added to the article.
- the position of the tab in navigation should be at every place, especially at place no.2
- just add a <-- stop --> if no description is given, to have an excerpt.
- size of icon upload should be chooseable.
- the sidebar should be changeable yes, left, right AND TOP
- And choose sidebar for mobile at TOP! Very important
- Categories as pull-down for mobiles is also a good choice

I have tried more or less all of the article systems, but for my needs this one is the only one i will use in future (after i have some customizing done)

You may have some more ideas for this addon? I would like to hear them.
And if there are any issues i would like to know it also, please.
Hiya Robert, glad to hear you like this add-on. I have gone ahead and added your suggestions to our Github Issue Tracker. Thank you for suggesting them as we hope to include them in the next few updates.

Someone has asked my for "Bobs system". No, i dont have used it, it looks almost the same for me, but i see the extra functions and read about things like extra fields. So it seems very nice to make special things. But for now i have to keep things simple, so i will use the TH for a while. :)

Top Bottom