[TH] Article Manager [Deleted]

wang

wang submitted a new resource:

Article Manager - Enrichen your forum with an article and threads portal/cms manager

About this add-on

This add-on is designed to add an Article Manager system to your forum.
The Article Manager comes with Categories, Commenting System and Thread Promotions.

Only Admins and users with the Manage Articles admin permission, can add and manage the articles. Adding articles can be done using the full Rich Text Editor.

When you add articles, you can select the categories that you think it fits best the nature of the article, feature it, make it active or set it...

Read more about this resource...

First post reserved for uploading extra screenshots.

Attachments

• 13editcomment.webp
    13editcomment.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 14deletecomment.webp
    14deletecomment.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 15reportcomment.webp
    15reportcomment.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 16alertpreferences.webp
    16alertpreferences.webp
    6.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 17newsfeed.webp
    17newsfeed.webp
    39.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 18moderatorlog.webp
    18moderatorlog.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 19.webp
    19.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 20reportform.webp
    20reportform.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 53
  • promotethreadstoarticlesinline.webp
    promotethreadstoarticlesinline.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I forgot to mention that admins can promote threads to articles from the inline moderation tools, as well as from the thread view page.

wang updated Article Manager with a new update entry:

Front end managemnet

What 's new in this version.
  • Post articles from the front end.
  • Manage articles (edit/delete) from the front end.
  • User mention in article messages.
  • Making article as a front/portal page.
  • Uploading attachments.
  • Converting first thread message attachments to articles when promoting a thread to article.
  • Members viewing this article now block on article view.
  • Logging all members who read a particular article.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Looks good but does each article have a discussion thread attached?

No sir, they do not. Because the articles come with a comment system. I do not think that discussion threads are needed.

You can however, promote discussion threads to articles. e.g. turn them into articles.

I'm always looking for a better article system but nothing ever looks as good as xenzine I wish there were some better looking article system that are more eye pleasing :( good luck with the addon

No sir, they do not. Because the articles come with a comment system. I do not think that discussion threads are needed.

You can however, promote discussion threads to articles. e.g. turn them into articles.

I hope at some stage you can develop this then so that threads can be created around an article. I can't see why you wouldn't have a thread just because there are comments, xenforo resources has comments as well as a thread.

I can't really tell from the demo how this would look with more (and fuller) articles, i.e. how you navigate to them. And am I right in saying articles can only be created in ACP?

However looks very promising and I'll keep a eye out for any development that hopefully might happen, best of luck!

I hope at some stage you can develop this then so that threads can be created around an article. I can't see why you wouldn't have a thread just because there are comments, xenforo resources has comments as well as a thread.

Resource Manager does not have a comment system as far as I am aware. It has a rate and review system, which is something different. But the suggestion to associate discussion threads with article posting has been noted and it will be added on the next release. Thank you for your suggestion sir.

I can't really tell from the demo how this would look with more (and fuller) articles, i.e. how you navigate to them. And am I right in saying articles can only be created in ACP?

The article page has a pagination, which can be configured from the admin panel. e.g. the articles will appear with pagination, as is the case with the resources on the Resource Manager list. Now articles can be added by staff members on the front end too, as well as from the admin panel.

However looks very promising and I'll keep a eye out for any development that hopefully might happen, best of luck!

Thank you sir :)

Thread associations with article postings have been added in the 1.2. version of the add on. Thank you again for your suggestion sir. It is much better this way.

I picked this up a couple of days ago to play around with, I like to tinker :)

@wang has been very helpful in resolving some mild issues and so far has implemented my suggestions so I'm very thankful for that. I think it's a great add-on that can serve a variety of things. I'll do a review once I get more time to use it.

I'd love to try it it, but having just been stung on paying for an addon by audentio, a company I thought as reputable, and then finding it not as advertised and seemingly really poor support, I'm now being very careful. If only you could try before you buy.

wang updated Article Manager with Thread Associations&Promotions Cms Page with a new update entry:

Article display layout types

Layout Type
  • You can choose to display the articles in the Article list in 2 different ways, General Type and List Type. The List Type, will display only a list of categories and articles titles.
    The General Type, will display the title of article, along with x number of message charatcters, before members have to click the read More Link to view the whole article.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom