[TH] Article Manager [Deleted]

"Related Articles" block will be perfect in the sidebar of article details template. (y)

Would that be on article viewing, or somewhere else? Can you please screenshot your suggestion?

I'm working with XF1.3. Can I use your addon with this version, @wang ?

I downloaded Xenforo 1.3. and I will install my add on in it to test it. I will let you know the result.

I'm working with XF1.3. Can I use your addon with this version, @wang ?

I finished testing the add on with the latest version of Xenforo .1.3. and it works fine. The only thing that it will not work is tagging. It appears that tagging has been added in Xenforo 1.5. according to the Have you seen forum.

I think that the descriptions are long enough and they will not affect SEO in a negative way. It makes use of descriptions more or less in the same way like RM. I think that if they can be longer, then it might overlap with the articles content.

Re: SEO

Google allows up to 155. That should be allowable as the snippet that appears in Google is quite important for (a) clickthroughs from the search engine results and (b) if it gives the best description, the user is more likely to stay on the page, ie good for bounce rate.

https://yoast.com/meta-descriptions/

wang updated Article Manager with a new update entry:

Bug fixing and new features

What 's new in this version.
  • Select articles to be watched by default by new users after they register at your forum.
  • Log and display all moderation action for that article.
  • Fixed a bug when New Articles tab on the forum side was still displayed to users without permissions to view articles.
  • Admins can browse and use articles in disabled mode.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I finished testing the add on with the latest version of Xenforo .1.3. and it works fine. The only thing that it will not work is tagging. It appears that tagging has been added in Xenforo 1.5. according to the Have you seen forum.
Thank you very much, @wang for your support.

I am just getting the add-on installed. I notice that on the article page, there are no meta tags and not facebook meta tags. Is there a reason for this? How can we have the main forum meta tags placed on Article Pages?

I am just getting the add-on installed. I notice that on the article page, there are no meta tags and not facebook meta tags. Is there a reason for this? How can we have the main forum meta tags placed on Article Pages?

Can you please post a screenshot of the meta tags and facebook tags that you want to have?

Tags are shown on article view, as it is shown a block with the Twitter and Facebook share button.

Can you please post a screenshot of the meta tags and facebook tags that you want to have?

Tags are shown on article view, as it is shown a block with the Twitter and Facebook share button.

Here is are the meta tags in the Article View (only title and description):

article.webp

Here are the meta tags in the thread view:

thread.webp

I'm trying to promote a thread to article, but nothing happens. After selecting an article category, the thread page reloads and nothing else happens. No errors.. and if I go to the article category, nothing is there.

Has anyone ran into any issues?

Thanks!

Top Bottom