[TH] Admin Image Uploader [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Admin Images by Waindigo (version 1.0.0) - Upload images through the Admin Control Panel.

Description:

This add-on converts Captcha Question & Answer questions to phrases, allowing them to be translated based on the viewing user's selected language.

Installation:
  • Upload contents of upload folder to root directory, overwriting any existing files.
  • Install addon-Waindigo_AdminImages.xml file.
Licence:

Distributed free for non-commercial use only. Please contact Waindigo to licence for commercial use. All...

Read more about this resource...

You could just give them limited admin access.
Yes, but I would still have to add them to the Administrators usergroup, right? That's not just a technical decision, I think, as it sort of elevates them in the perception-of-power sense as well.

Yes, but I would still have to add them to the Administrators usergroup, right? That's not just a technical decision, I think, as it sort of elevates them in the perception-of-power sense as well.
No. They don't have to be in the administrators user group to have access to the admin control panel. They just need to be in the list of Administrators (ACP > Users > Administrators).

No. They don't have to be in the administrators user group to have access to the admin control panel. They just need to be in the list of Administrators (ACP > Users > Administrators).
Ah, but they are in that list already. Still they can't see it ... (I showed them a screenshot with the Applications > Images menu highlighted to make sure they were looking in the right place.)

Ah, but they are in that list already. Still they can't see it ... (I showed them a screenshot with the Applications > Images menu highlighted to make sure they were looking in the right place.)
You have to give them the Manage Images permission through the ACP > Users > Administrators screen.

Thank you! Of course! Sorry for wasting your time on that.

One last question ... What is the "Attach to forum" option for? It seems it's a mandatory field.

Thank you! Of course! Sorry for wasting your time on that.

One last question ... What is the "Attach to forum" option for? It seems it's a mandatory field.
Can't really remember, although the original purpose of this add-on was to be able to upload images for notices on particular forums, so I guess that would make sense for that. If I ever update this add-on, I will probably stop that from being mandatory.

Not sure if it uses the forum permissions to decide whether you can view the image or not.

If I click on the image then I can see the name of the board and the xenforo logo. Is it allowed to change this logo? If yes what is the best way to change it?

Top Bottom