1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained [TH] Admin Image Uploader 1.0.3

Upload images through the Admin Control Panel.

1. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Admin Images by Waindigo (version 1.0.0) - Upload images through the Admin Control Panel.

Read more about this resource...

2. taylor_smith

taylor_smith Well-Known Member

Wonderful resource! But when I click "Upload Image," the page is blank. What am I doing wrong?

upload.png

3. Carla Birch

Carla Birch Well-Known Member

Same thing here, It's just a blank page :)

4. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Do you have screen ?

5. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

You mean after you click the button (i.e., after you have selected a file and a forum)?

6. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

taylor_smith likes this.
  7. Blakefire

Blakefire Active Member

When an image is uploaded is it uploaded to a specific folder on the site's server?

8. taylor_smith

taylor_smith Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update!

Jon W likes this.
  9. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

10. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Same place as all other attachments. If you are wondering how to link to your image, see the most recent update.

11. karll

karll Well-Known Member

Great add-on, I only wish it could be accessed by my super-moderators somehow ....

12. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

You could just give them limited admin access.

13. karll

karll Well-Known Member

Yes, but I would still have to add them to the Administrators usergroup, right? That's not just a technical decision, I think, as it sort of elevates them in the perception-of-power sense as well.

14. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

No. They don't have to be in the administrators user group to have access to the admin control panel. They just need to be in the list of Administrators (ACP > Users > Administrators).

15. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

16. karll

karll Well-Known Member

Ah, but they are in that list already. Still they can't see it ... (I showed them a screenshot with the Applications > Images menu highlighted to make sure they were looking in the right place.)

17. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

You have to give them the Manage Images permission through the ACP > Users > Administrators screen.

18. karll

karll Well-Known Member

Thank you! Of course! Sorry for wasting your time on that.

One last question ... What is the "Attach to forum" option for? It seems it's a mandatory field.

19. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Can't really remember, although the original purpose of this add-on was to be able to upload images for notices on particular forums, so I guess that would make sense for that. If I ever update this add-on, I will probably stop that from being mandatory.

Not sure if it uses the forum permissions to decide whether you can view the image or not.

20. Slind

Slind Active Member

If I click on the image then I can see the name of the board and the xenforo logo. Is it allowed to change this logo? If yes what is the best way to change it?