[TH] Template Viewer [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Template Viewer by Waindigo (version 1.0.0) - Want to test a template for an add-on you haven't built yet? View any template easily.

Description:

This add-on adds the ability to view any template by going to /templates/name_of_template from your forum.

This could be useful if you are creating a theme, add-on or similar, or just want to have a play around with template syntax.

It is not recommended to use this add-on on a production site.

Installation:
  • Upload contents of upload folder to root directory, overwriting any existing files.
  • Install...

Read more about this resource...

Heh, this addon is fun. I don't recommend using this addon as the only reference for styling though because there are templates that doesn't make sense alone. Unfortunately it seems that there are conflicts with some addons. There are at least conflicts with the Widget Framework addon on pages using widget framework widgets and pages using the User Essentials addon.

I have also noticed some template errors for example in /templates/conversation_view.

Heh, this addon is fun. I don't recommend using this addon as the only reference for styling though because there are templates that doesn't make sense alone. Unfortunately it seems that there are conflicts with some addons. There are at least conflicts with the Widget Framework addon on pages using widget framework widgets and pages using the User Essentials addon.

I have also noticed some template errors for example in /templates/conversation_view.
This add-on doesn't break any other add-on though, right? It just can't display certain templates without producing errors? This is to be expected.

To result because I see quite how it appears
It depends on which template you are viewing. For example, if you were building a new calendar add-on and you wanted to see how a template called calendar_monthly_view looked, you would go to www.yoursite.com/templates/calendar_monthly_view (or www.yoursite.com/index.php?templates/calendar_monthly_view) and you would see how that template would look once your add-on is finished.

Exactly what it looks like will depend on the template you are viewing. Other than that it will look like any other XenForo page (or admin page if you are using the admin template viewer).

Hi Waindigo, I have a suggestion to make. Currently you need to copy template names and paste them in the URL yourself to view templates. Wouldn't it be easier if we can view templates with one click? I have something like this in mind (notice the eye):

eye.webp

I noticed that the Preview link isn't included in template search results. Would be cool to have it there :)
Also, I use Chris Deemings add-on to have an admin template search function. I would be in your debt if the Preview link can somehow be added there, too.

Waindigo updated Template Viewer by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.3 released

New features:
  • Added 'Preview' button to template lists when a style other than Master Style is selected.
  • Added option to view templates in a style other than the currently selected style by adding style_id=X to the query string.
  • Added support for template searches.
  • Added support for admin and email template searches with Template Tools for Admins --...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom