1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Template Viewer by Waindigo 1.0.3a

Want to test a template for an add-on you haven't built yet? View any template easily.

1. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Template Viewer by Waindigo (version 1.0.0) - Want to test a template for an add-on you haven't built yet? View any template easily.

Read more about this resource...

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Great work Jon.

This will be awesome.

Jon W likes this.
  3. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

Heh, this addon is fun. I don't recommend using this addon as the only reference for styling though because there are templates that doesn't make sense alone. Unfortunately it seems that there are conflicts with some addons. There are at least conflicts with the Widget Framework addon on pages using widget framework widgets and pages using the User Essentials addon.

I have also noticed some template errors for example in /templates/conversation_view.

Jon W likes this.
  4. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

This add-on doesn't break any other add-on though, right? It just can't display certain templates without producing errors? This is to be expected.

5. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

Hey Waindigo, is it possible to view admin templates?

Jon W likes this.
  6. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Luxus likes this.
  7. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Screens please ?

8. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Of what exactly?

9. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

To result because I see quite how it appears

10. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

Here you go

screen.png

Just kidding. The addon just displays templates. Try it out for yourself ;)

Jon W likes this.
  11. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

It depends on which template you are viewing. For example, if you were building a new calendar add-on and you wanted to see how a template called calendar_monthly_view looked, you would go to www.yoursite.com/templates/calendar_monthly_view (or www.yoursite.com/index.php?templates/calendar_monthly_view) and you would see how that template would look once your add-on is finished.

Exactly what it looks like will depend on the template you are viewing. Other than that it will look like any other XenForo page (or admin page if you are using the admin template viewer).

12. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

Hi Waindigo, I have a suggestion to make. Currently you need to copy template names and paste them in the URL yourself to view templates. Wouldn't it be easier if we can view templates with one click? I have something like this in mind (notice the eye):

eye.png

Jon W likes this.
  13. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

Hi Waindigo, is it possible to add an email template viewer? :)

Jon W likes this.
  14. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Luxus likes this.
  15. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

Thanks so much. Left you some beer money ;)

Jon W likes this.
  16. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Thanks so much. Very much appreciated. Although, just for the record, I won't be spending the charity's money on beer (but I will have one!).

Luxus likes this.
  17. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

I noticed that the Preview link isn't included in template search results. Would be cool to have it there :)
    Also, I use Chris Deemings add-on to have an admin template search function. I would be in your debt if the Preview link can somehow be added there, too.

18. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Waindigo updated Template Viewer by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.3 released

Read the rest of this update entry...

Luxus likes this.
  19. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

You are so awesome, your awesomeness level should be prohibited by law :D

Jon W likes this.
  20. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member