As designed  Template not reverting

Ryan Kent

My understanding of template hierarchy is that when a template is reverted, the template should then become identical to it's parent. If that is correct, I am experiencing a bug.

On my site Default is the main parent, Flexile is the child, and there are two grandchildren: Flexile Blue and Flexile Green. I reverted the Flexile Blue template but it kept the coding changes I made. The Flexile Blue template is not the same as Flexile nor it's unaltered sibling Flexile Green.

Image one shows the Flexile template. Image two shows the Flexile Blue template immediately after I reverted it. Image three shows the Flexile Green template which properly matches the Flexile template. Also you can view the hierary in image three.

Is this a bug? Or am I missing something? I tried changing a line of code and then reverting Flexile Blue's template again, but that didn't help.

template-public.cssFlexile.webp template-public.cssFlexileBlue.webp template-public.cssFlexileGreen.webp

I remember reading a post by either Kier or Mike saying that a style property technically is not part of a template. So your custom CSS rules... placed between: @property "content" and @property "/content", are actually part of the style property, which you can revert by going to:

Style Properties => (Select the style) => General => Content

Edit:
Found the post...
This is the designed behavior. When you edit between the @property tags, you're not actually editing the template - you're editing the style property.

For reference, this expansion is to make it easier for designers to work with CSS only, rather than fighting with the style property interface.

As often times properties are used multiple times, if you want to edit a specific reference without changing the property, you can use extra.css or simply place it in the CSS declaration, but outside the @property tags.

Top Bottom